View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Snow'in Sunday

Rate this Entry
by , December 27th, 2009 at 04:30 PM (380 Views)
I'm sitting here during the time I alotted to make my sub plans for the week I'll be gone doing anything except what I'm supposed to be doing.
I've got White Chicken Chili and Regular Style chili cooking downstairs for dinner! Yummmmmmm!
It's snowing out! One of those beautiful, large fluffy types of snows! I think we're getting 4 inches.

Today's Swim: (nuthin special at all)
*I missed the warm-up (talking to people)
*4 X 200 Free on 3:30
*4 X (100 on 1:45/ 3 x 50 on 1 minute) i did all free
*Super 500 on :30 per 25 pace
*400 backstroke cool-down
2,700 scy

I think I have a plan in mind to train for the 10K swim in July. I am going to start doing 1 longer workout each week (starting with 5,000 tomorrow). Everything else during the week will remain 2,500-3,500. Each month I will increase the long workout by 500 yds.
In May I will assess how I feel (7,000 yds) and possibly slow down to every other weeks long workout. In June I would be up to a 7,500 workout. I really have no intentions of doing a 10,000 meter workout. My rational is that I never ran marathons to train for a marathon so the same should go for swimming. Also I am mostly just training to finish, no fast times expected here at all.
Let me know if you think my plan is not going to work!

Submit "Snow'in Sunday" to Digg Submit "Snow'in Sunday" to del.icio.us Submit "Snow'in Sunday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Snow'in Sunday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Your plan will work fine and white chicken chili sounds yummy right now,
    Agree with Q on both counts. If you can get your long swim to 7-8k, a 10k shouldn't be a problem. Is this a lake swim? The only problem will be the lack of walls, and the possibility of drifting off-course. But you can always switch to breast for a couple strokes now and then, gives your body some variety, and lets you get a better view (as long as you aren't breast stroke averse).

The chili also sounds great. It is cold here now and I'm in the mood for some comfort food.
    Bob, the one time I did a 10k, I worked my way up till I did 7200 continuous in the pool. I agree. Your plan will work. The 10k proved easier than the 7200 because there wasn't all that turning and pushing off of walls! Where is the 10k? Maybe I should try it, too?
    Thanks guys for the positive feedback!
    I know too many people who waste their best effort on the training field. It's always okay to start the race with some questions left unanswered because in reality you never know what is going to happen anyway!