View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Back to the pool

Rate this Entry
I had a great Christmas, but ate far too much cake. (They’re so good down here—you can’t get proper cakes in NYC. The Times food section even did an article on southeast Alabama layer cakes a few weeks ago. Those are the kind of cakes I grew up with.)

Today the pool was set up SCY, and was very warm after 3 straight days of sleeping under its covers. The staff uncovered only 4 lanes for lap swimming, so the deep end of the pool remained dark and sort of scary. I eased myself back into swimmer mode with the following solo workout:

1000 warmup

8 x 75 K/D/S @ 1:30, 2 of each stroke, IM order

4 x 250: 1st = 25 FL/50 BK/75 BR/100 FR, then rotate through strokes in IM order thereafter

400 warmdown

Now to stretch; tomorrow will be a real workout plus weights day.

Submit "Back to the pool" to Digg Submit "Back to the pool" to del.icio.us Submit "Back to the pool" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back to the pool" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Is it possible that the Kraken lurks beneath the darkened lanes, ready to reach out with tentacled arms to snatch an innocent swim suit addict from her lap swimming?

I hope not.
    What kind of cake is your favorite?
    I agree nothing beats a great piece of cake!
    I hope not too, Jim, but that is exactly what hovers in my thoughts as I'm swimming in the half-covered pool. My swimmates know my fears and will kindly offer to switch lanes with me if I end up right next to the covers!

I think the caramel frosted cake (which my relatives refer to as cake with burnt sugar icing) might be my favorite, Bobinator. I've only had the lemon cheese cake mentioned in the article a couple of times, although my mom says my grandmother used to bake a lot of those (before my time, alas).