View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Run + Core, Sun., Dec. 27

Rate this Entry
by , December 27th, 2009 at 05:43 PM (4161 Views)
5 mile run:

The sun shone and the temps soared above 50, so I decided that it was time for my first zen run of the winter. The first mile felt wretched, but then I settled into a groove. It was still pretty muddy, so the shoes are a bit trashed. My right hammie protested a teeny bit. But since I didn't have a hangnail, , I kept running.

Core work:

I got home, watched the Duel in the Pool and then did the P90X abs plus 20 minute video. I like the standing X crunches. The last exercise, called "cherry bomb," is also pretty cool -- it consists of banana, roll to side, roll back to banana, crunch into canon ball, explode with arms and legs in giant X. All the balancing requires a lot of core strength.

I couldn't believe what a little skinny boy Michael Phelps looked next to Nathan Adrian!

Allergies:

Ugh! Went out to a nice dinner last night and then had an immediate hive attack. Worst one yet. I've been pretty bad about cutting out lactose and gluten this week -- too many xmas cookies and fudge! But I think it must have been the risotto and creme brulee that did me in last night. I think my 6 week cold turkey effort begins today!

Submit "Run + Core, Sun., Dec. 27" to Digg Submit "Run + Core, Sun., Dec. 27" to del.icio.us Submit "Run + Core, Sun., Dec. 27" to StumbleUpon Submit "Run + Core, Sun., Dec. 27" to Google

Updated December 27th, 2009 at 06:19 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Running

Comments

  1. rtodd's Avatar
    Yea, I'm 6'2" and would be considered puny. Phelps looked to be in descent shape though.
  2. tjrpatt's Avatar
    Adrian is one big guy but sprinters have to look like gladiators, ie that blonde French guy. But, Ciehlo and Bouquest don't seem as big as whats his face French guy.
  3. qbrain's Avatar
    Good news, both risotto and creme brulee are typically gluten free. Unless your risotto had cheese in it, I don't think it has dairy either. Creme brulee on the other hand is pretty much sugar and cream. Lactose intolerance is different from a lactose allergy, so you might be missing milk in the near future.
  4. aztimm's Avatar
    Glad you finally made it out for a run. It is tough for me to go without running for more than a week (I was getting very antsy on my vacation). Now you're making me feel bad for skipping out on core work!
  5. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Adrian is one big guy but sprinters have to look like gladiators, ie that blonde French guy. But, Ciehlo and Bouquest don't seem as big as whats his face French guy.
    Yeah, watching Adrian and Grevers and others ... they do seem larger than life and gladiator-like. (Webber-Gale looked kinda puny too.) They were like massive MAC trucks plowing through/parting the water. I didn't realize the Grevers had such a distinct windmill.
    Updated December 27th, 2009 at 07:17 PM by The Fortress
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Good news, both risotto and creme brulee are typically gluten free. Unless your risotto had cheese in it, I don't think it has dairy either. Creme brulee on the other hand is pretty much sugar and cream. Lactose intolerance is different from a lactose allergy, so you might be missing milk in the near future.
    I ordered the risotto b/c I though it was gluten free! But it was suspiciously creamy, different than other risottos I've had. Prior to last night, I had been almost dairy free, but had still been having more minor hive outbreaks and other allergy symptoms. I think I have no choice but to buckle down, eliminate both and then re-test gluten.

    My Mom kinda freaked out and thought I was going into anaphylactic shock.

    Yeah, I'd say dairy is history.

    To make it worse, that mean awol Jazzy is saying strawberry blonde will result in an ugly ginger look. Don't want that! I think he likes brunettes, though.
    Updated December 27th, 2009 at 07:52 PM by The Fortress
  7. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Glad you finally made it out for a run. It is tough for me to go without running for more than a week (I was getting very antsy on my vacation). Now you're making me feel bad for skipping out on core work!
    It did feel great to be outside in the sunshine with relatively balmy weather.

    I wouldn't feel too bad. You're one of the most consistent exercisers I know!