View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Monday's Swimming

Rate this Entry
by , December 28th, 2009 at 06:19 PM (207 Views)
It was a frigidly gloomy and gusty day in central Indiana. I headed off to Carmel Aquatic Center to do a long (for me) workout. I am gradually building 1 longer workout into my swim week in preparation for the 10K (national championship) ow swim the Nasti's are hosting this summer. My main goal (as I have mentioned before) is to finish and not hurt myself or burnout in the process. A couple Nasti's (who are way better swimmer's than me) and a couple runner friends think I'm starting to build too early. I think (and hope) I am doing this gradually enough to not burnout or suffer much pain.
i intended to go 5,000 yds. today however the pool closed early so I only got 4,200 completed. That was fine; I felt happy with the swim and figure I'll just go a little farther tomorrow!
Here's what I did:

*1,000 warm-up swim on 17:00 interval. (my swim was 15:10)
*4 X 250 Free on 4:15 interval
*8 X 125 Free on 2:15 interval
*100 Flutter Kick w/board no fins
*5 X 100 Free on 1:45 interval
*100 Flutter Kick w/board and no fins
*10 X 75 on 1:30 interval alternating free/back swims
*5 X 50 Free on 1:00 cool-down swim
4,700 scy Wow I just realized I went further than I thought! Anyway it was a good wo for me!

I ran into some former Carmel now college swimmers today at Carmel! Always fun to see former students. There were 2 different private schools working out at CAC today. I ended up swimming next to the Brebeuf High School Team. I thought about hanging with their workout but I was afraid I might annoy the coach. I just did my own solo thing!
Enjoyed a tall White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks post swimming!

Submit "Monday's Swimming" to Digg Submit "Monday's Swimming" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday's Swimming" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday's Swimming" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

When is the 10k?

This seems like a good workout; I wouldn't worry about building too soon. You did Big Shoulders not too long ago; unless you have a history of shoulder problems, I'd let your body tell you how much is too much.
    Thanks Patrick for the good word.
    The race is mid July. I figure I'll be fine if I pay attention to how I feel and take breaks as needed.
    I liked my workout today too. It went fast and descending distance always motivates me!