View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Food psychology and winter weight gain

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
For those who don't want to read my blather, here's today's movie, which actually has some production values thanks to my wonderful son Jack, who produced this for the Men's Health video channel!

BORKED

Now, the blather:

Yesterday's practice, it turns out, was different than I thought because I misread the date. We actually do the 1650 "race" on Friday. Yesterday, we did instead:

10 x 100 on 1:25 warm up
20 x 50 on :40
10 x 50 on :35
10 x 50 on :40
6 x 50 on :35
7 x 100 on 1:25 cool down
steam bath

This was not easy, in fact, I still feel like there is food tickling my epiglottis, trying to escape.

Anyhoo, it got me to thinking that before Friday's 1650 in-practice race, it would really help if I could lose a smidgen of the winter weight gain that has crept up. Today is Tuesday 10:30 a.m.. Goal: 17 lb. weight loss by Friday 6:30 p.m.

Tip: break this down into manageable units. To wit, if I can just lose .21 lb. per hour between now and then, I will achieve my goal.

Today's vlog is a video I made for Men's Health with the considerable help of my son Jack. It was based on an article on Food Psychology I wrote a year or two back. If any of you would like to read the article itself, feel free to send me your email and I will dispatch a copy of this in .pdf form.

My email address is Jamesthornton1@comcast.net

Please also send me a jpg file of you in a swimming suit for my "calendar" project, which may end up being a movie instead.

Thanks.

Here is that link again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srncg...e=channel_page

Submit "Food psychology and winter weight gain" to Digg Submit "Food psychology and winter weight gain" to del.icio.us Submit "Food psychology and winter weight gain" to StumbleUpon Submit "Food psychology and winter weight gain" to Google

Updated December 29th, 2008 at 11:49 AM by jim thornton

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The 50s on :35 can be very painful. I couldn't imagine how painful 16 x 50s would be.
    I left out the fact that there was a little rest in between the sets! After reading that Chris Stevenson "holds mostly 57's'" during 100s on 1:30, I didn't want to come off too wimpish!
    Nice vlog ... should've watched last night before I tucked into the fruit cake and egg nog!
    Thanks, Patriick. I am becoming rotund. Not sure how exactly. I wanted to thankyou for your great blog. The fact that you had some troubles staying up with that fast woman swimmer gives hapless males like me, strewn as we are throughout the ranks of masters swimming, the consolation of knowing that even the ubermenschen are occasionally beaten by the uberwomenschen amongst us!