View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

No Watching! Wed., Jan. 6

Rate this Entry
9:00 to 3:00: Caught up on errands today. Didn't work out. I was about due for a rest day anyway, much as I hate them.

3:15: Dropped 15 year old off at senior swim practice. Didn't watch or hover.

4:30: Dropped 9 year old off at jazz dance. Didn't watch or hover. Drove home. (Why spoil it when the recital is Sunday?)

5:15: Fort Son arrived home from winter crew practice. We didn't discuss it. I'm already on notice that erg-ing is an evil and disliked necessity in crew. I did inquire how his ankle was after his run yesterday.

5:30 Picked up my 9 year old from jazz dance and took her to swim practice. (We don't care about homework apparently on Wednesdays.) Dropped her off and didn't watch or hover. Had to stay for 15 minutes waiting for 15 year old to finish practice. Got lectured by 15 year old for sitting in the bleachers for even this wee bit of time. Drove 3 loud teenagers home and eavesdropped on swim gossip.

6:45: Ordered pizza for children as I had no time (or inclination particularly with today's driving schedule) to cook for my family. Was slightly bitter about the fact that I couldn't eat any of it.

7:30: Picked up my 9 year old from swim practice. She announced she was excited about doing back flip turns. Otherwise, no discussion of swimming.

8:00: Helped 9 year old study for math test. This effort didn't last long. She claimed she knew it all, and I chose to believe her.

8:30: Made myself an omelet. Took a lactate pill and put cheese in my omelet. Started itching 30 minutes later -- I give up. There will be an attempt to stretch and do RC work tonight after 9 year old goes to bed. I like my new Stick.

Submit "No Watching!  Wed., Jan. 6" to Digg Submit "No Watching!  Wed., Jan. 6" to del.icio.us Submit "No Watching!  Wed., Jan. 6" to StumbleUpon Submit "No Watching!  Wed., Jan. 6" to Google

Updated January 7th, 2010 at 09:34 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You needed a rest day after yesterday. Are you sore at all?

From what I read, you've been making new friends on the message board
    you're a bit of a neglectful parent Les...you need to do a tad more Sikorskying around the kids...

...glad you like your stick...that's a plus
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    You needed a rest day after yesterday. Are you sore at all?

From what I read, you've been making new friends on the message board
    After Traumeel and ibuprofen last night, I was surprisingly not terrifically sore. But I was definitely tired and woke up a little creaky. We'll see how I feel with during my scheduled lactate set tomorrow.

That guy is a real bozo. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    you're a bit of a neglectful parent Les...you need to do a tad more Sikorskying around the kids...

...glad you like your stick...that's a plus
    I had to google that. Yes, I gave up being a helicopter parent after #3. Basically, as I always say, if they're not juggling knives, I can ignore the squabbles/drama somewhat. Ignoring drama does take practice though.

I did feel slightly guilty about the pizza, I will admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    After Traumeel and ibuprofen last night, I was surprisingly not terrifically sore. But I was definitely tired and woke up a little creaky. We'll see how I feel with during my scheduled lactate set tomorrow.

That guy is a real bozo. lol
    Gotta be talking about Mr "Hey my 9 year old is Phelps' successor"
    I don't know how you can live with yourself after all the ignoring and non-caring you do of your children. They will end up Target check out clerks for sure. I'm ashamed to even call you a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Gotta be talking about Mr "Hey my 9 year old is Phelps' successor"
    Yep, Mr."Hey my daughter would have beaten Megan Jendrick if it wasn't the morning."
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    I don't know how you can live with yourself after all the ignoring and non-caring you do of your children. They will end up Target check out clerks for sure. I'm ashamed to even call you a friend.
    I tried to make up for all my neglect by packing them healthy lunches for school. I'd rather have them work at Target than McDonalds, after all.
    You had quite a busy day!

I made the mistake of watching my son's swim practice. I was about to drive myself crazy not being able to correct all the flaws in his strokes. Finally, I wised up and decided to go lift weights upstairs despite the fact I had not dressed for it. I got some real strange looks working out in a RL pink sweater, pants, and shoes with a two inch heel.

You are so wise not to hover!
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    You had quite a busy day!

I made the mistake of watching my son's swim practice. I was about to drive myself crazy not being able to correct all the flaws in his strokes. Finally, I wised up and decided to go lift weights upstairs despite the fact I had not dressed for it. I got some real strange looks working out in a RL pink sweater, pants, and shoes with a two inch heel.

You are so wise not to hover!
    I've seen my youngest swim and seen all her stroke flaws too. But if you start down the "correction" road, it goes south really fast. It's so much better if it comes from the coach. Plus, having 3 kids frankly makes it harder to "hover!"

Great job rocking the gym! I'm not sure they'd let me in mine with heels.
    Updated January 7th, 2010 at 11:59 AM by The Fortress
    Leslie you are a busy, laughed when I read, "Didn't watch or hover"
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    Leslie you are a busy, laughed when I read, "Didn't watch or hover"
    I am busy. Don't know what I'd do if my son couldn't drive. Last year was really hard!