Rate this Entry
swam finals, here's how it went,
improved my time from prelims

Event 34 Boys 15 & Over 100 Yard Backstroke

6 Rasmussen, Ande 46 TXLA-ST
54.92 26.30 28.62
SDKs 10 10 8 6

took it out a half second faster
SDKs 10 10 8 6 (really hurting that last length)
jammed right middle finger on finish

Submit "swam finals improved my time 54." to Digg Submit "swam finals improved my time 54." to del.icio.us Submit "swam finals improved my time 54." to StumbleUpon Submit "swam finals improved my time 54." to Google

Updated January 19th, 2010 at 02:54 PM by ande

Categories
USA-S Swim Meets / Events

Comments

Ande, that's a very nice time for being in-season and not wearing a techsuit.

How were your SDKs off the final turn? IMO ultimately your goal in this event should be to have 1.0-1.5 sec differential (it should be closer in back compared to other strokes b/c the start is less of an advantage and it is a foot-touch on the turn).

I know you concentrate a lot of focus on 50s but I think your 100 fly/IM/back could potentially be even better than your 50s.
    thanks Chris,

I was pleased with that time, it broke my masters trend of swimming slower in finals.

How were your SDKs off the final turn?
    I did 10 off the start 10 off the 1st turn, 8 off the 2nd turn & 6 off the last turn. I took it out harder & felt weak,
    definitely fading

IMO ultimately your goal in this event should be to have 1.0-1.5 sec differential (it should be closer in back compared to other strokes b/c the start is less of an advantage and it is a foot-touch on the turn).
    I completely agree

I know you concentrate a lot of focus on 50s but I think your 100 fly/IM/back could potentially be even better than your 50s.
    thanks for the encouragement, I'd like to get it together with my 100's, last season they were:
    FL 51.8
    BK 53.3
    IM 53.8