View RSS Feed

My Passion

Overheated at the gym

Rate this Entry
by , January 19th, 2010 at 06:37 PM (1369 Views)
Got to gym at 5 am and it felt warm, but I went to my locker and put my stuff up, saw my workout buddy come in as I started out to the floor. Started stairmill at level 7 (in the past I have done level 10 for 45 minutes) for 35 minutes. My buddy got there as I was setting it up and we have been agreeing on 35 minutes lately,

We were climbing and talking and it was hot. I kept drinking, but started to feel nauseous, At 15 minutes in, I lowered the level to 4 (way low for me). I was still feeling bad, but kept going. My friend said she could see the beads of sweat on my legs and I had wiped my face several times.

I got off right at 35 minutes (I usually climb real slow to cool down) and sat down on another machine. After a while, I got up and wiped down my machine, told my friend I was just going to stretch and walked slowly to my favorite stretch area. A guy I sometimes work out with was stretching there and I talked to him as I stretched. I started feeling much better after about 20 minutes. To think I got that overheated in the middle of winter!

This week we have been in the high 60's and low 70's, but to get that overheated in an indoor gym, No Fun! Glad tomorrow is a swimming day!

Submit "Overheated at the gym" to Digg Submit "Overheated at the gym" to del.icio.us Submit "Overheated at the gym" to StumbleUpon Submit "Overheated at the gym" to Google

Comments