View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Auburn entry

Rate this Entry
by , January 19th, 2010 at 11:10 PM (643 Views)
Trying to figure out what to enter at Auburn. This will be a well-attended meet by the team I am on. Trying to decide if I should max out on events (4 or 5 events a day plus relays) or stick to 3 events a day (plus relays). Fort advised me that doing the 500 free on Sunday first thing might not be too wise and I agree. Being the sprinter and kicker that I am, I think my legs would be shot for my later events that day. So, Saturday, I'm debating doing the following events: 100 I.M., 50 free, 100 back, and 50 fly. On Sunday, I'm debating doing the 50 back, 100 free, 200 back, and 200 I.M.

After today's practice, I started having second thoughts about the I.M.s, especially the 200. Breaststroke feels just rotten. For some reason, I was really beat today. I shouldn't be broken down as I don't think I've been doing much. I almost wonder whether I got out of shape from somewhat backing off in December. Anyway, right now, I'm trying to figure out which events to swim.

Today's workout was a kick marathon for me. The air was really hot as was the water. I woke up with my asthma bothering me, so breathing was difficult as I discovered on the 400 I.M. Where others had to do swim, I did kick.

Warm-up: 100 easy
8 x 50 - skull/kick
400 I.M. broken at 25 on :45 - done as drill, kick, build, sprint for each stroke

On the next set, there was no rest between subsets:

5 x 100 fly kick (no fins) on 2:00
1 x 200 free on 3:00
4 x 100 fly kick (no fins) on 2:00
5 x 200 kick with fins on 3:00 -odds were back kick, evens were free kick with board
3 x 100 fly kick (no fins) on 2:00

100 easy

3400 SCY

Submit "Auburn entry" to Digg Submit "Auburn entry" to del.icio.us Submit "Auburn entry" to StumbleUpon Submit "Auburn entry" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

200 IM at the end of a 2 day meet sounds dreadful to me. You can always fake one length in a 100. Or at least try.

Nice profile pic! You look great!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    200 IM at the end of a 2 day meet sounds dreadful to me. You can always fake one length in a 100. Or at least try.

Nice profile pic! You look great!
    Thanks, Fort!

Not sure I can even fake it through one length of evil. I'll probably try anyway, but it sure won't look good!

Probably will not swim 200 I.M. Guess I should sign up for it in case I feel like a million bucks, but most likely won't do it. Wish I had more confidence in my 100 fly.