View RSS Feed

Swim like an Orca, but faster !

01-18-2010 & 01-19-2010 Workout's

Rate this Entry
by , January 20th, 2010 at 12:59 AM (736 Views)
1-18-10
Aquasol - Coach Steve's workout - Seniors
Coach Janine

05:30 - 07:00 PM

Warm 300
12x100 odds IM / evens FR (1-4 1:55, 5-8 1:50, 8-12 1:45)
6x150 K no FR on 3:15 ( BR, Fly, then Fins for Fly, Back-fly, FR, Fly)
12 x 75 Pull on 1:10
4 x 75 K

100 cool
(3700 SCY)
It was great to be back in the home pool, albeit it was colder than Folsom, the water quality was excellent as usual. I was the only Aged grouper, there was a high school kid who was there for conditioning (not as fast as the rest of the seniors) I just had to comment on a couple of teen girls who were carrying on a conversation in the 12x75 FR set, it was hilarious. They were much faster, (It looked like they were being pulled by a rope) so by the time I popped my head up for the 10-12 sec rest (everyone was on 1:10) they were carrying on and without missing a beat they were back on the interval, only to continue the conversation at the next interval!

1-19-10

This morning at Folsom, the Seniors start 30 minutes earlier than the Masters doing LCM. I got there 15 minutes after they started and did my own warmup. The wind was cold and strong (about 35-40 mph) with a few showers blowing through, yes this is an outdoor pool...nearly saw white caps on the surface!
Warm (1200)

2x200 FR, 200 IM drill, 200 FR w/snorkel, 200 K -fins-FR/Fly, 200 Pull.
Set 1
3x
300 Moderate
200 Strong
100 FR ( did one time through )
100 cool and out

Had a train to catch, I would have stayed around, but my new job is picky about me coming in a few minutes early, so I have to catch the train that departs 30 minutes earlier.
Whin's...
Somehow last month I pinched a nerve that runs from between the shoulder blades through the left shoulder blade and a little into the back of my upper left arm. I really feel it when I put my head down, it bothers me when I swim, but I seem to be able to swim with just some discomfort. It can get aggravated sometimes when I fly.

Submit "01-18-2010 & 01-19-2010 Workout's" to Digg Submit "01-18-2010 & 01-19-2010 Workout's" to del.icio.us Submit "01-18-2010 & 01-19-2010 Workout's" to StumbleUpon Submit "01-18-2010 & 01-19-2010 Workout's" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

A few minutes early is better than a few minutes late!!! I have to call in 15 minutes before my ETA even though the staff sometimes gets there 17 minutes later!

Now, does Sacramento had a good metrorail system or is just a amtrak train. Just curious! The worst is when I would work on a Saturday, take the train into Philly and they ran every hour. Even though in DC, The Metro can be used every day without any gosh darn waiting.
    Yea, I can't eat until I get to work, so the extra half hour is good for eating, coffee and settling in...We call ours a Light-Rail, There are 2 lines one runs east - west and another north - south. One end is in Folsom, one mile from the pool, free parking and the other end is at the Sacramento Valley Station, which is across the street from my work, so I ride it end to end, takes an hour and can get packed like a herring can. Its nearly always on time and runs every half hour from Folsom and every 15 minutes from the Sunrise park & ride which is about 15 minutes from Folsom. Driving in to downtown is expensive because parking runs from $9 to $14 a day + wear and tear.
    Quote Originally Posted by EricOrca
    Yea, I can't eat until I get to work, so the extra half hour is good for eating, coffee and settling in...We call ours a Light-Rail, There are 2 lines one runs east - west and another north - south. One end is in Folsom, one mile from the pool, free parking and the other end is at the Sacramento Valley Station, which is across the street from my work, so I ride it end to end, takes an hour and can get packed like a herring can. Its nearly always on time and runs every half hour from Folsom and every 15 minutes from the Sunrise park & ride which is about 15 minutes from Folsom. Driving in to downtown is expensive because parking runs from $9 to $14 a day + wear and tear.

A cheap all day parking in Philly is 15 bucks. I had to pay 20 bucks when I had a job site near Penn. Luckily, I get reimbursed for this. Interesting on the rail system. In Tokyo, I saw on TV one time that some worker uses some stick or something to fit people into the train. It would be that bad.