View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Chiro-Positive

Rate this Entry
by , January 20th, 2010 at 09:07 PM (202 Views)
Solo swim today at LA Fitness. I had a lane to myself the whole swim but the water was HOT I'd say 88 degrees at least. Here's how the kettle boiled:
*500 Freestyle warm-up style
*200 Backstroke
*200 Kick (half prone, half supine)
*4 X 50 Backstroke on 1:00 interval
*15 X 100-Descend :5 each set of 5
(1:55/1:50/1:45)
*4 X 25 Fly Sprint on :45
*3 Times Through: (25 yd. underwater dolphin kick with fins// 25 yd. 4 dolphin kick and 1 pull with kick// 25 yd. 2 right hand pull, 2 left hand pull, 2 both side pull// 25 yd. perfect butterfly)
*100 Backstroke cool-down
3,100 scy
**I was proud of myself for descending the 100's. The water was miserable. By the 4th 100 I was bargaining with myself to bag the 1:45's and do 50's on a minute.
When the time came I decided I really didn't feel as bad as I thought so I did it....easily. In fact I'd say I felt better getting less rest. My reps remained between 1:25-1:28 on all 15!

I know it's probably to early to tell but I think my neck/shoulder felt better today. It usually doesn't hurt much swimming. The worst thing is turning my neck when driving. I'm happy to say driving was pain-free today; my shoulders felt open and loose during todays swim as well. I go back Friday for another adjustment. I'm starting to feel really good about this!

I ran into an old swim parent that I used to starter/referee with tonight at LA Fitness. This fellow used to be morbidly obese. I would constantly worry about this guy having a heart attack or slipping and falling hard on the slick deck. (he moved with a gasping shuffle) Anyway Mr. C has lost over 200 pounds! He now participates in sprint triathlons and is on a mission to whittle down a bit more! He had a gastric bypass but supplements it with a good workout almost every day! I found this transformation to be inspirational. This man has changed almost everything about his life!

Submit "Chiro-Positive" to Digg Submit "Chiro-Positive" to del.icio.us Submit "Chiro-Positive" to StumbleUpon Submit "Chiro-Positive" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I knew you'd find chiro love!
    I think that the "Bionic Bimbo" who just got 10 Plastic surgeries in one day would have truly melted in that pool or my Y because there are many day when it is 88 degrees.
    Who is this "bionic bimbo"? She sounds interesting.
    Yes I hate hot water. I quit LA Fitness THanksgiving week-end because of the water (and a couple other things) It takes a couple months to quit this place so I've been using it till it expires.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I knew you'd find chiro love!
    I was doubtful, chiropractors never could help my running injuries. I guess swimming is a whole new ballgame!