View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

Breast Day... 1/20/10

Rate this Entry
by , January 20th, 2010 at 09:17 PM (695 Views)
Well I'm grateful that I've been able to recover from the cold enough that I didn't need to take a break from working out this week.
I had to re cert in CPR/AED this morning at 8 and just got home at 8:30 so I'm beat.

I opted to do all my crawl swim and pulls with the snorkel today...it was a new angle on the same old stuff. Here's what I did:
200 Snorkel Swim
200 K on back streamline
200 Pull with snorkel
4 x 50 of the following for Breast:
Hip Thrust
Fast Hands Pull
2 Kick/1 Pull
BR Pull/Fly Kick
Swim on 1:00
---
Then, 2 x 100 BR on 2:15
200 EZ snorkel
4 x following:
50 K sprint 2:00
50 K mod RI :05
50 K easy
It was pretty tough to keep switching gears even though I got rest for the sprints.
The first 2 sprints I got through in just sub 1:00 the second 2 I went 1:02 or 1:03...

4 x 100 Swim 1:45 Snorkel
I tried to descend but set off a bit too fast and went 1:25 and held it for 2 & 3...went 1:20 on #4 though so I worked it on that one.

4 x 40 EZ no snorkel...DPS
My best was a 22 stroke 50 10 down 12 back...3 good SDKs off the push.

Did a nice 45 mins in weight room and felt strong again.. I think Muscle Milk gives me more power return than Endurox...at least it seems that way.

Submit "Breast Day... 1/20/10" to Digg Submit "Breast Day... 1/20/10" to del.icio.us Submit "Breast Day... 1/20/10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Breast Day... 1/20/10" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Breat Day is my kind of day. Oh wait, you are talking about breaststroke!!!!!!
    I think Muscle Milk gives me more power return than Endurox...at least it seems that way.

That's what my son thinks too. Why is it you think?

Glad you're over your cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Breat Day is my kind of day. Oh wait, you are talking about breaststroke!!!!!!
    Hehe Tom...
    I looked at my old blogs and noticed that the one titled "I have lots of wood" had 151 views versus the normal 30 - 40...I guess Masters have gutter minds lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I think Muscle Milk gives me more power return than Endurox...at least it seems that way.

That's what my son thinks too. Why is it you think?

Glad you're over your cold.
    Well after 2 miles swimming I normally do pull ups and go 7, 6, 5 or thereabouts... 2 times now I've gone 10, 8, 7 and then my chins were good today a lot more strength...I'll keep posting my thoughts but I'm using a tub of Muscle Milk now as I have no Endurox...
    Also getting 12,10,8 on 140lbs chest press versus 10, 8, 6 ... it just seems to be a big conicidence that I easily go beyond my norms and it's only since using Muscle Milk. Of course I could have just progressed but It's not like I got 1 more rep out I got 2 or 3 good ones...also I'm not trying to increase weight that I use.