I had a nice swim this morning with the team. Here’s what we did (scy):

500 warmup

4 x 150 (50 Drill + 25 K + 75 build swim), IM order, @ 2:40

2 x 200 Pull @ 2:50
4 x 100 @ 1:45, odds IM, evens BK
3 x 50 FR @ :55, desc.
3 x 50 FR @ :40
2 min. rest
2 x 200 IM @ 3:15 [This interval was originally 3:20, but my lanemates (mostly not IMers) were dubious we could do that. So after some negotiotion with the coach, we all agreed that the first swimmer (me on this part of the set) would go when the 4th swimmer came in. We ended up with a faster interval than the coach had originally given us!]
4 x 100 FR @ 1:30
3 x 50 FR @ :55, desc.
3 x 50 FR @ :40

4 x 50 K @ 1:00, odds kicking 25 on rt side, 25 on left side; evens stroke [This was actually a set of 8, with the evens IM order, but I got out after the first 4 to do some starts.]

Starts from the block [It was funny to realize that I’m not doing any BK starts at Sunday’s meet—I probably should have practiced some anyway today while I had the chance. One thing I did practice was going off the block without going into sprint mode—a useful skill for the 500 (and one I often seem to lack).]

200 warmdown

That’s was it. Then weights and stretching at the gym, and ballet class tonight.

Submit "Mixing it up on Thursday" to Digg Submit "Mixing it up on Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Mixing it up on Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mixing it up on Thursday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments