View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

I hate Vinyasa, Saturday, Jan. 23

Rate this Entry
by , January 23rd, 2010 at 05:42 PM (1722 Views)
Run:

The sun shone and the temperature eeked up to 40 degrees today, so I opted for a run. Did my usual 5 mile zen run loop. Stopped for a quick chat and walked an up. It was quite divine.

Yoga:

I tried the Solar Flow option on the Yogi Shakti DVD this afternoon. I could only stomach about 15-20 minutes of it. I never want to hear or do the vinyasa sequence chataranga-upward dog-downward dog again. Perhaps I would have liked some of the other segments of the video better, but I didn't like the first part for sure. I think I may need to stick to bikram or power yoga.

In any event, I plugged in the P90X yoga DVD my friend gave me. It's also 90 minutes. I did about an hour of it. There was some vinyasa flow work, which I fast forwarded through as I didn't want to do it again. Otherwise, it seemed to have a lot of different movements from different yoga disciplines without any spirituality attached. I didn't get to the last 30 minutes of seated stretching (always my fav). I'll do that tomorrow. I would do this one again.

I'm definitely hitting the pool tomorrow and hoping the crowds aren't too bad. Hoping to do a lactate set. I didn't swim as much as usual this week. I am still aiming for 5x per week, which is my norm. Hopefully, I won't feel like a terd again tomorrow.

Suits:

FYI, I heard that Roque Santos, having left B70, is desiging his own line of new tech suits. The women's suit is supposed to come up slightly higher in the back.

Submit "I hate Vinyasa, Saturday, Jan. 23" to Digg Submit "I hate Vinyasa, Saturday, Jan. 23" to del.icio.us Submit "I hate Vinyasa, Saturday, Jan. 23" to StumbleUpon Submit "I hate Vinyasa, Saturday, Jan. 23" to Google

Updated January 23rd, 2010 at 07:29 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Running , Yoga

Comments

  1. pwolf66's Avatar
    And cost $300 probably. I love how a lot of the 'reasons' why the suits were so bad for age group swimming was the cost. Seen what the new JAMMERS sell for??? Maybe it will go down in a year but who knows.
  2. pwb's Avatar
    You're even more Type A than me! I like the mellow-ness of vinyasa, but I can see how it might not jive with you. My wife ABHORS yoga as she finds it too slow, not a good enough workout and she hates it when the yogis start talking all hippy-like.

    I'll be interested to see what Roque comes out with. Honestly, the market potential for tech suits has to be on the women's side. There's just so little material in jammers that I think suit makers are going to find it hard to command the kinds of prices I think they want to (at least from masters' men).
  3. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwolf66
    And cost $300 probably. I love how a lot of the 'reasons' why the suits were so bad for age group swimming was the cost. Seen what the new JAMMERS sell for??? Maybe it will go down in a year but who knows.
    What about Speedo's $375 price tag for the Pro/LZR kneeskin?! Rubber was a WAY better value.
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwbrundage
    You're even more Type A than me! I like the mellow-ness of vinyasa, but I can see how it might not jive with you. My wife ABHORS yoga as she finds it too slow, not a good enough workout and she hates it when the yogis start talking all hippy-like.

    I'll be interested to see what Roque comes out with. Honestly, the market potential for tech suits has to be on the women's side. There's just so little material in jammers that I think suit makers are going to find it hard to command the kinds of prices I think they want to (at least from masters' men).
    I am type A, and I can't do hippie talk either. I can barely do yoga; I definitely prefer cardio. But I am *trying* to stretch. I will say, however, that bikram yoga is a real workout.

    I don't know what the new B70 suit costs, but I sure hope it's less than the $375 Speedo for a textile kneeskin. Sheesh!
  5. gigi's Avatar
    I am the anti-type-A so that might explain why vinyasa/power yoga works well for me. I guess the Yoga Shakti DVD isn't for everyone! It was worth a try anyway. Enjoy your Bikram....
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi
    I am the anti-type-A so that might explain why vinyasa/power yoga works well for me. I guess the Yoga Shakti DVD isn't for everyone! It was worth a try anyway. Enjoy your Bikram....
    Definitely worth a try, and I may do the second part another time. But, you're right, everyone is different wrt yoga.