View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

By request

Rate this Entry
Lazy wife thought I had to post this. Today's bike was 3 hour 35 minutes in two parts separated by a 10 minute latte break (I needed some carbs). That was after 2200M kick w/o fins but all before lunch.

I have been taking it easy this afternoon.

Ribs: Same. Three people have told me they will hurt until they are completely better and then I will just wake up pain free.

Submit "By request" to Digg Submit "By request" to del.icio.us Submit "By request" to StumbleUpon Submit "By request" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Gosh, your rib injury is still sore. that sucks. But, at least, you are still training. Hope you wake up pain free in the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Gosh, your rib injury is still sore. that sucks. But, at least, you are still training. Hope you wake up pain free in the next few days.
    Thanks Tom, ME TOO.

It has been 4 weeks, and I keep being told it takes 6-8 weeks.
    Workoutaholic! You will be an ultra skinny triathlete very soon.

Do the legs hurt as much as the ribs now after that marathon?
    That's some crazy amount of biking. You'd be able to kick my butt if you got out on a real bike!

That really sucks that it is more of an on/off thing. At least with my ankle, I was able to do small amounts of things, and I did notice some progression. But it did seem to take a dramatic change, which is when I began running again.

Hang in there...once you're back in the pool you'll be in incredible shape.
    Hey Fort, The legs are just tired, nothing painful.

Hey Tim, I will be in the wrong kinda shape, but I should be in good shape. I think we are only 4lbs apart now.
    Hey Lance...(he's a Texan too, I think)...that's some serious bike time. That's like intense IronMan kind of training.

The ribs will gradually heal. Any injury involving cartilage or bruised bones will take time, but more so for the ribs which are moving parts, and never get a chance to be still. You must have went down pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Hey Lance...(he's a Texan too, I think)...that's some serious bike time. That's like intense IronMan kind of training.

The ribs will gradually heal. Any injury involving cartilage or bruised bones will take time, but more so for the ribs which are moving parts, and never get a chance to be still. You must have went down pretty hard.
    Lance is originally from the Dallas area, was a decent swimmer for COPS (City of Plano Swimmers) before moving into tri's and finally becoming a skinny cyclist. Our paths are strangely similar right up to the "originally from the Dallas area" and then they diverge. Significantly.

I am starting to look like a skinny cyclist.

I don't understand why they are taking so long to heal, but everyone I have talked to who has either bruised or broken ribs said it takes forever to heal.
    Is that bike stationary or out in the actual world? Either way, that's a ton. If inside, I don't know how anyone could suffer for that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    Is that bike stationary or out in the actual world? Either way, that's a ton. If inside, I don't know how anyone could suffer for that long.
    Inside on the stationary. Keeps my mind off the fact I can't do any interesting training. And I am getting a lot of reading done.