View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Sunday Drylands

Rate this Entry
by , January 24th, 2010 at 07:21 PM (611 Views)
Weight-lifting guru advised me that I should start to back down on number of sets since I am not completely going off of weights at 3 weeks out. So, cut back a little today. Never realized how much weights take it out of you until I cut back. Chiro said lifting heavy uses a lot more energy than people often think it does.

Jump rope: 100 skips, 100 fast jumps

Squats: 55 x 20

Push-ups: 2 sets of 15 with bosu ball

Lat pull-downs: 1 set of 100 x 10

Ls - 1 set of 10

Bicycle crunches: 1 set of 100

Incline sit-ups: 2 sets of 25

Back extensions; 2 sets of 15

Lower back/lift hip area is much better. Seems the more I do, the better it feels. I think the stiffness came on when the pool was shut down in mid-December and I did pretty much did nothing that week. Next time, I'll at least run a few days. Anyway, not taking any chances with the lower back, so avoided doing any weighted core work.

Submit "Sunday Drylands" to Digg Submit "Sunday Drylands" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday Drylands" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday Drylands" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. The Fortress's Avatar
    Lifting heavy always completely wiped me out. And you need to taper longer.

    I think intense leg work takes it out of you too.
  2. elise526's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Lifting heavy always completely wiped me out. And you need to taper longer.

    I think intense leg work takes it out of you too.
    It really wiped me out! I think this may be why I reverted to my 2,000 yard workouts while I was in this cycle.

    Do you mean that I need to taper longer because I did heavy weights or do I need to taper longer in general?
  3. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    It really wiped me out! I think this may be why I reverted to my 2,000 yard workouts while I was in this cycle.

    Do you mean that I need to taper longer because I did heavy weights or do I need to taper longer in general?
    Well, you don't like laying off the weights to long. I think my last taper (3 weeks) was necessary to recover and, perhaps mostly, to rest my legs. But I may have been hitting the lower body work more than you. But, since you are going for gorilla strength, I think you would want to taper a wee bit more than you normally do.
  4. elise526's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Well, you don't like laying off the weights to long. I think my last taper (3 weeks) was necessary to recover and, perhaps mostly, to rest my legs. But I may have been hitting the lower body work more than you. But, since you are going for gorilla strength, I think you would want to taper a wee bit more than you normally do.
    Certainly makes sense and as lazy as I am, I won't agrue with a long taper.