View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Kick w/Speedo, Thursday, Jan. 28

Rate this Entry
by , January 28th, 2010 at 04:21 PM (1410 Views)
Joined Pete for his periodic kick workout @ Oak Marr.

Warm up:

800 various

Main Kick sets:

6 x 200 kick @ 3:30, no fins
- 1-2 flutter w/ board
- 3-6 backstroke kick w/o board

Warmed up on the first two at a medium pace. Then went: 2:59, 2:56, 2:56, 2:53.

150 EZ

6 x 100 kick w/fins @ 1:20
- odds flutter w/ board
- evens backstroke kick w/o board

Went: 1:03, 1:04, 1:05, 1:04, 1:04, 1:03

Pete said I was getting too much rest on these. Sheesh, I thought it was too little!

100 EZ

6min vertical kick:
- 2min breast kick, hands above water
- 2min flutter kick, " " "
- 2min dolphin kick, " " "

250 EZ

Total: 3100 + VK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

I hadn't done 200 kicks in a loooong time. In fact, I can only recall doing 200s with my MF -- probably b/c they're so long and somewhat tedious. For that reason, this was a good workout to do with a training partner. And it was tough, with a slow burn on the 200s. After the 100s and VK, my legs/calves were shot. I was going to do some drill work, but started cramping. So I joined Pete in the hot tub for 10-15 minutes. Definitely need to do some stretching tonight!

My arms were, as expected, a bit sore from yesterday's arm and med ball dryland workout. I'm thinking that med ball work is a quick way to get killer arms.

Hoping my legs will recover to do some speed work tomorrow.

And ugh! All of my kids are sick with colds and strep throat now. I hope I don't catch it!

Submit "Kick w/Speedo, Thursday, Jan. 28" to Digg Submit "Kick w/Speedo, Thursday, Jan. 28" to del.icio.us Submit "Kick w/Speedo, Thursday, Jan. 28" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kick w/Speedo, Thursday, Jan. 28" to Google

Updated February 4th, 2010 at 02:55 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Test Sets

Comments

You could have easily done the 100s on 1:15, or even pushed 1:10. I think this early in the season you'd be fine doing that sort of short rest, and it would be pretty sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    You could have easily done the 100s on 1:15, or even pushed 1:10. I think this early in the season you'd be fine doing that sort of short rest, and it would be pretty sick.
    Well, maybe on the 1:15, but the 1:20 interval was plenty fast. And my legs feel pretty darn tired right now. Also, it's hard to stay under at all if the interval is cut too short.
    Ugh...I don't even wanna think about kicking!!

Fort...u know I put that "haughty" option in the poll just for you lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Fort...u know I put that "haughty" option in the poll just for you lol
    I know you did. And I voted for it naturally -- fitness, whooping & haughty, friends and escape were my 4 picks.
    Nice workout. That's hard on the legs and fins seem to have a real cumulative effect over the course of a set, or, in your case, a whole workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    Nice workout. That's hard on the legs and fins seem to have a real cumulative effect over the course of a set, or, in your case, a whole workout.
    Thanks! BUT I didn't use fins on the 6 x 200 or vertical kicking. I was barefoot.

I'm super tired tonight. Speedo pushed me good.
    Updated January 28th, 2010 at 10:32 PM by The Fortress