View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Swimming the River Styx

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Comments

Beautiful, Jim. Nice neutral head position, too. WOE > PAX sounds like progress, in airports.
    Hahahah. Well, all roads leave to PIT, my home town through which various tributaries of the River Styx trickle and burn!
    Wonderful! I want to point out that you make it very clear that happiness can be found on the left, misery on the right.
    Rusty, you would enjoy making the acquaintance of Red60, an excellent artist and teacher in the St. Louis area. Click on his icon and drop him a line. He will provide you with a web site that showcases his very cool art and writing.
    Dr Jimi, that could easily be the Hudson.
    Thankyou!
    Beautiful, Jim!
    A wonderful visual for your recently published article in "Swimmer" magazine!
    you know how it goes, "Keep on Truck'in!"
    Thanks to one and all. My drawing abilities are suspect, but as long as the basic concept is understandable! And the cartoon medium prevents too much verbosity though obviously doesn't eliminate it entirely.
    I may have gotten my tributaries of Hades mixed up here.

It's the waters of Lethe that help you forget.

Does Lethe flow into Styx, forming a kind of Pittsburghian Golden Triangle of the Underworld?

Are there any geographers of Hell out there who might elucidate this point? Dr. Dickson?
    A picture tells a thousand words.

The title of this piece?
    A couple of questions arise:
    Is this counter-current swimming?
    and if so,
    Is there somewhere to get off when you can't beat the current any longer?
    Bill, I almost put, at the very, very far left part of the cartoon, past the realm of the ecstatic and the blessed, the adjective MANIC.

I almost included, along with the adjective MANIC, one of those curlyque arrows that indicate that you flip over the page and begin anew with the more dour far right side of the page, the realm of PANIC, DYSPEPSIA, and DESPAIR.

This would have answered your question nicely.

But it has been so long that I have had any optimistic thoughts that weren't leavened with the potential (indeed, likelihood) of catastrophe that I decided to leave this one drawing entirely propitious with regards to our future.

But I see now that the issue you raise makes hope an illogical fantasy.

You are correct, sir! Sadly, correct!
    Of course! Swimming as therapy! And I don't have to beat anyone to approach nirvana!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaegermeister
    Of course! Swimming as therapy! And I don't have to beat anyone to approach nirvana!
    No, but if you do meet the Bhudha in the road, there are certain expectations of --ques que c'est? --whacking the fat bastard, right!