View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

More Thievery, Sunday, Dec. 28

Rate this Entry
by , December 28th, 2008 at 04:43 PM (1480 Views)
This week may be a record for stealing sets/workouts from others. Today, I swiped and modified one of Paul Smith's recent sets from his thread in the Workout Section. Have to say, it was a challenge just to get through it as I am very sore from the weights/core work yesterday.

Warm up:

700 variety swim/kick/drill

Hypoxic/CO2 Tolerance Kick Set:

20 x 25 UW shooter on stomach with MF on :30
extra 30 seconds rest after 10

50 EZ

Main Set:

6 x (200 IM on 3:15 + 100 backstroke kick on 2:00)
(IMs were smooth, kicks were good effort, drilled the fly on the IMs.)
50 EZ

6 x (100 back on 1:45 + 50 kick with board on 1:00)
(used fins, descended backstroke from 1:15 to 1:01, reverse descended the kicks from fast to slow)
50 EZ

3 x (50 fly on 1:00 + 25 dolphin kick on back fast + 25 easy)
(was too tired to do 3 more reps)

200 C/D

Total: 4550

Submit "More Thievery, Sunday, Dec. 28" to Digg Submit "More Thievery, Sunday, Dec. 28" to del.icio.us Submit "More Thievery, Sunday, Dec. 28" to StumbleUpon Submit "More Thievery, Sunday, Dec. 28" to Google

Updated December 28th, 2008 at 05:56 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Y'know hypoxic work doesn't do anything for you...
    I should have labeled it "CO2 Tolerance" set. lol. Well, I think it helps to do shooters. At a minimum, it helps the SDKs. That 3-5-7-9 breathing stuff I don't buy though! And you'll never see me do it.
    dang you're really training
    make sure you return to sprints and strength
    Ditto Ande's comment. I have to warn you: you keep training like this and the next thing you know, your mind will start playing tricks on you (on account of the lack of oxygen) and you'll be entering the 400 IM and distance events. Of course, if you keep training like this, you SHOULD enter those.
    Very funny, guys. Well, after a couple years of training on my own and messing around with different approaches, I've concluded that I have to do some basic aerobic work, so I decided to put in a good month of it after Zones. I'll definitely return to speed soon. But, man, the weights sap my ability and desire to go fast. I may need to do shorter sessions or something.
    And, Ande, didn't you just do 10 x 300 today, eh?

Patrick,

I did my share of 200s and 400 IMs in my youth. But I was still always better at the shorter distances despite mega yardage training. The idea of a 400 IM, which includes a 100 evilstroke, is beyond daunting. Maybe one day, I'll get up the courage to do a 200 IM. I'm starting with the 200 back in January.
    Updated December 28th, 2008 at 11:16 PM by The Fortress