View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Open Water Season A' Comin'

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
It has been a couple days since last I vlogged. Thanks to Jim Matysek's suggestions, I now know sort of how to make preview stills of my vlogs appear on the vlog site proper, and I suspect you will find this as exciting as I do, which is to say multiple exclamation points exciting!!!!!!!!

For regular posters on the threads, I did one version of the photo calendar montage set to music, but was unable to upload this, and thus am redoing it. I can no longer call it a USMS calendar. The main reasons here are A) USMS is a registered trademark upon which the likes of me, like the rattlesnake on some currency, have been advised "not to tread", and B) it is no longer a calendar.

Stay tuned for what it is, though I am not quite sure myself yet what this is.

I also plan to post a new vlog soon that might up viewership slightly by adding a visually stimulating guest to the site. But the time for this has not yet come.

These are just two of the many reasons to stay tuned!

In the meantime, I do not want my 3 or 4 regular vlog viewers to forget who I am. Thus I am now presenting another film on open water swimming to whet your appetite for the cold wet season to come!

A short explanatory preamble: last September, I traveled with my friends Jocelyn Smith (one of the comely scissorers in Captain's Plunge, the scroffulous version) and Jeremy Cornman (a former Sea Isle City lifeguard and extraordinarily talented amateur triathlete who I can nevertheless beat at distance swimming) to the Jersey Shore. We were supposed to do an open water event at Cape May, but we got there at midnight, and registration was a 6 a.m., and we decided to sleep instead of paying the $30 to freeze.

The next day, I decided to create my own open water swimming event in Ocean City. It was the day before the 56th Birthday of me and my twin brother John. The event, which is now going to be held on an annual basis, is knows at the Pre-Birthday Open Rough Water Shark and Snapper Blue 2-Mile Swim.

If you would like to pre-register for next year, send me $29.00 and I will have my lawyer draw up an ironclad waiver form for you to sign and notarize. This will include, but not be limited by, the truncation of assorted appendages and other body parts by razor sharp, recursive teeth.

On this note, I present for your viewing pleasure: Sunk.

BORKED

Submit "Open Water Season A' Comin'" to Digg Submit "Open Water Season A' Comin'" to del.icio.us Submit "Open Water Season A' Comin'" to StumbleUpon Submit "Open Water Season A' Comin'" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Jim, Check is in the mail!!!!!!!
    jim,
    september is still balmy, and if you would relocate to coney island, you can have up to 30 others join you for your twin brothers birthday swim (standard loop = 5k) though extracting 29 bucks from each might prove to be a difficult task. www.cibbows.org