View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

2/11/10 Running for A Sixpack

Rate this Entry
by , February 11th, 2010 at 05:18 PM (682 Views)
No not to the liquorstore...in a most likely vain attempt to see my abs again before I dirtnap...
I did another 4.5 in 41 minutes today...my left knee was bothering so I had to stop and flex my hammy to make it go click..then I was ok.

I still prefer outdoor running to treadmill but it's better than slipping around in the frozen tundra that is NE USA right no.

After my run I did some core work but I ommitted should and RC set because of shortage of time due to a snow delay.

However...I must say I tend to get very sweaty after running and while doing core work...even when I take off the sweat shirt.

Submit "2/11/10 Running for A Sixpack" to Digg Submit "2/11/10 Running for A Sixpack" to del.icio.us Submit "2/11/10 Running for A Sixpack" to StumbleUpon Submit "2/11/10 Running for A Sixpack" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Keep track of your running mileage for running shoe purposes! No more than 10% increase per week or you may regret it ... speaking from experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Keep track of your running mileage for running shoe purposes! No more than 10% increase per week or you may regret it ... speaking from experience.
    I agree with this, if you're running with any regularity, get a new pair at least 2x a year. If you don't know when you go the shoes you have, it is time for a new pair.

I started to notice the flat stomach once I was consistently doing 8+ mile runs. I'm not saying it can't come with less, but that was my experience. Then you need to work on what may be under the stomach so it pops out. For a while I was doing 60+ situps then hundreds (or even a thousand) crunches after a run. I'm now doing more overall core work.

Just come out here for vacation and I'll take you on a couple of runs. Weather is beautiful now, no snow.
    Dude it is running. You are going to regret it
    Les, increase? Are you kidding? 4.5 is enough for me...I'm not running a marathon.

Tim, if I ever get out to AZ, we'll have a triathlon gridge
    These shoes are pretty new and only done the few runs I've listed here...plus some elliptical...they still feel pretty good.
    I have my mileage on my FLOG...

Q, don't hate!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Les, increase? Are you kidding? 4.5 is enough for me...I'm not running a marathon.

Q, don't hate!
    I'm not talking about going more than 4.5. I'm talking total mileage per week. Seems like you are already at more than 10% of last week!

Q is a hater. So is Geek. Well, I probably am too.
    I'm not talking about going more than 4.5. I'm talking total mileage per week. Seems like you are already at more than 10% of last week!

Q is a hater. So is Geek. Well, I probably am too.
    Well I was doing elliptical too...so it's not like going from 0...at least I don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Well I was doing elliptical too...so it's not like going from 0...at least I don't think so.
    Yeah, good point. But running is way harder on the joints that the ellipse machine.