View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sleep is Amazing! Monday, Dec. 29

Rate this Entry
by , December 29th, 2008 at 06:26 PM (1363 Views)
With my kids away, I've been catching up on sleep and it is fabulous! I've been getting 8-9 hours the last few nights. Makes a huge difference. Didn't even feel too bad this am after yesterday's workout (which I confess is the most yardage I've ever done as a master, lol). So I headed back to the pool and gym for more torture. Borrowed a couple sets from Ande again today.

SCY, solo:

Warm up:

700 variety swim/kick/drill

5 x 100 single arm fly drill @ 1:45

50 EZ

Aerobic Set:
(from Ande)

6 x 150 @ 2:30
25 fly, 50 back, 75 breast

Main Sets/Speedwork:

6 x 100 under/overs @ 2:00 with fins
fast under/easy over (went around 1:14s or so)

50 EZ

20 x 50 speed "variables" @ 1:00 (50 EZ after 10)

#1-10 dolphin kick with board
#11-20 backstroke

done like this:

1,6) 12.5 FAST 37.5 easy
2,7) 25.0 FAST 25.0 easy
3,8) 37.5 FAST 12.5 easy
4,9) 50.0 FAST 00.0 easy
5,10) 50.00 easy 00.0 fast

100 EZ

3 x (4 x 25 AFAP + 25 easy)
no interval, max rest
3 fly/3 breast/3 free

100 EZ

Total: 4650

Ate an energy bar and headed to the gym. Did weights/RC/core for an hour. Little bit of a twinge in my left lower back. Same place I strained it doing power yoga early in the summer. Didn't do any deadlifts, sit ups on the incline bench or twisty things. Looking forward to sleeping in again!

Meets?

I'm also having a bout of meet schizophrenia. Can't decide which meets to swim in or rest for. None seem quite right, and all have order of events issues (naturally). I'm still leaning toward going to Auburn and resting for it, although it will coincide with the hated AF. (Sorry, Quick. ). I could rest for Zones, but I really hate the order of events and will be swimming relays. I'm also cross about the Albatross Meet, our ONLY local SCM meet, because, as reported by Hulk, it is the same weekend as age group JOs, which my kid will be swimming in. Rob has also tempted me with a SCM meet in Flushing NY in early May in a fast pool. So I may rest a week for Zones and then keep resting for that meet. We'll see. I'm not usually so wretchedly undecided about meets. Just going to send in my entry form for Auburn if I can only figure out what events to swim ...

I did send in my USA Swimming registration for 2009. Intend to swim the 200 back at the Jan. Open -- my first ever as a master. Also toying with the idea of swimming in the Sunbelt Champs in Charlotte, NC the end of January. May have a free weekend, but it's a 7 hour drive. Might just do a couple more events in the Jan. Open instead.

Submit "Sleep is Amazing!  Monday, Dec. 29" to Digg Submit "Sleep is Amazing!  Monday, Dec. 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Sleep is Amazing!  Monday, Dec. 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sleep is Amazing!  Monday, Dec. 29" to Google

Updated December 29th, 2008 at 08:34 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This is the pool Rob was talking about. I think they built it hoping NYC would get the bid for the Olympics.
    After it didn't work out, they scaled it back considerably. It's still very nice from what I've heard.

What's the dreaded AF?

I am impressed by your 200 back ambitions.

It's an event that only the participants develop an appreciation for...
    (depending on how much homework they've done!) You'll do great.
    AF = Auntie Flow. lol

I don't have 200 back "ambitions" exactly. Just want to try a couple new events this year. I've been doing a fair bit of aerobic work since Zones, so we'll see. I'm sure my pacing will be off. I definitely don't plan to SDK much.
    Aha. (I thought it had something to do with AFAP.)

Well, uhm, good luck with that 200 back.
    You'll be shoe-in for the Top Ten.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Val. We'll see.