View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Humpty Dumpty 500s

Rate this Entry
I was feeling lazy today and contemplated skipping practice, but after reading about the heroic measures blogsters in the mid-Atlantic seem to be taking to get in a swim, I decided I would feel ashamed not to go.

( I do hope the snow clears out soon for everyone that has been hit hard. Iíve been following the action with plenty of there-but-for-the-grace-of-Florida-go-I shuddering.)

So I did go to the pool and got in the following workout with swimbuddy Ray:

1000 warmup

12 x 50 @ :50 (4 sets of 50 easy-50medium-50fast)

Broken 500s
4 x 125 @ 2:00 [focused on maintaining strong kick on odd lengths]
2 x 250 @ 4:00, increasing speed each 50
5 x 100 @ 1:40, odds BK, evens FR
1 x 500, negative split

300 warmdown

I need to figure out what meets I want to do over the next couple months, and what events I want to swim in them. I'll probably do the March 7 meet at Eisenhower park; Harvard is a possibility.

Submit "Humpty Dumpty 500s" to Digg Submit "Humpty Dumpty 500s" to del.icio.us Submit "Humpty Dumpty 500s" to StumbleUpon Submit "Humpty Dumpty 500s" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i know what you mean about going to workout!! I feel guilty about all the snow and pool closures everyone is getting. I hate to miss a good opportunity!
    So this morning the pool was closed (for a winter weather advisory, meaning the slight possibility of snow mixed with rain late this afternoon--go figure!) I was sooooo glad I'd gone to the pool last night!

So far there's nothing but cold rain here, but my mom in south Alabama actually has snow that is sticking to the ground! She suggested I drive up to see it.