View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Feb. 12

Rate this Entry
by , February 12th, 2010 at 09:59 PM (1191 Views)
Swim/Solo/SCY:

Warm up:

750 various

Main Sets:

10 x 25 shooters on back

10 x 25
odds = easy speed fly @ 100 pace
evens = EZ

50 EZ

1 x 50 back w/fins @ 200 pace (27.5)

50 EZ

4 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ)
2 free, 2 breast

50 EZ

Total: 1900

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

Felt pretty decent in the water today despite my lack of H2O this week. Had some easy speed and good DPS. Leaving tomorrow am for Richmond.

Made the mistake of taking a few young kids to see The Lightning Thief. The mall was completely overrun, parking and driving was a mess. I just don't have the patience for that nonsense. Had total mall syndrome ...

Off to pack for Richmond now and will stretch later. I've found that I tend to do it if my yoga mat is out. Odd little psychological trick.

Absolutely no reading occurred today.

Submit "Friday, Feb. 12" to Digg Submit "Friday, Feb. 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Feb. 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Feb. 12" to Google

Updated February 12th, 2010 at 10:11 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. kwhenderson's Avatar
    You're a great mom.
    Have a safe trip and swim FAST!!!
  2. tjrpatt's Avatar
    Most DC moms would have had the nanny take the kids to the movies. Gosh, I haven't been to the mall in ages.

    Good luck and have fun at the meet. Glad you found a pool that was suitable enough for your competition standards! You are totally turning me into a pool snob. Of course, I will always be an LCM snob!
  3. psyncw's Avatar
    good luck in Richmond! Hope you swim fast!
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhenderson
    You're a great mom.
    Have a safe trip and swim FAST!!!
    Thanks. At least the movie was better than the Princess Diaries 1 & 2 I suffered through over the last week.
  5. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Most DC moms would have had the nanny take the kids to the movies. Gosh, I haven't been to the mall in ages.

    Good luck and have fun at the meet. Glad you found a pool that was suitable enough for your competition standards! You are totally turning me into a pool snob. Of course, I will always be an LCM snob!
    I am so glad I don't have a nanny. It was the worst part about working at a corporate law firm -- having an employee.

    The pool is not up to my usual competition standards. lol. But it's OK, not horrifically shallow at both ends. I'm mostly swimming events I won't get a chance to swim at another time, so it's all good. I must say that I'm tempted to cruise into the Warrenton meet the weekend before Albatross b/c that is a nice pool.
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psyncw
    good luck in Richmond! Hope you swim fast!
    Thanks Neill. I think it will be a fun meet.
  7. Bobinator's Avatar
    Good luck Fort!
    I think your week of cabin fever will yield some fast times!
  8. aztimm's Avatar
    Good luck Leslie, and glad you survived your mall experience. Did you follow the advice in, "Racing Weight," and park furthest from where you were going, and walk the mall twice??

    You'll have to do a meet out here sometime. Meets seem to use the best pools we have.
  9. jessicafk11's Avatar
    Good luck!
  10. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Good luck Leslie, and glad you survived your mall experience. Did you follow the advice in, "Racing Weight," and park furthest from where you were going, and walk the mall twice??

    You'll have to do a meet out here sometime. Meets seem to use the best pools we have.
    I walked a long way!

    You folks out west hog all the good pool and have the most meets!
  11. Jazz Hands's Avatar
    Kick some ass.