View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Wet Beauty

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Here is a vlogging gift to my fellow swimmers, and an homage to 2008--a year the likes of which only our centenarian comrades have likely seen before.

I tried to include pictures sent by the generous posting community on the forums, plus I shamelessly pilfered the photo albums of my swimming friends on Facebook. You may notice a disproportion of pictures of me and Dara Torres. I used the former for filler and the latter (which I took last January when I swam with and interviewed her for a story--pdf available on request!) as inspiration for all of us to keep striving regardless of our respective stages on the aging curve.

Over the course of 2009, please feel free to email me swimming photos, which I will save and use to compile another assemblage. Email address: JamesThornton1@comcast.net

Better yet, consider joining Facebook, which now has tons of our swimming comrades amongst our ranks. It's free and simple. Befriend me at James Scott Thornton (Pittsburgh) and I will refer all our USMS swimmer friends as Facebook friends.

Happy 2009! Thanks to all the contributors, including those who intended to contribute and those who didn't!

BORKED

Submit "Wet Beauty" to Digg Submit "Wet Beauty" to del.icio.us Submit "Wet Beauty" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wet Beauty" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very nice, Jim; thanks for putting that together.
    Thanks for all you pictures, Chris! You were one of the Facebook friends whose photo albums was shameless pillaged! Happy New Years--see you at an upcoming meet.
    OK, the shot at the 2:13 mark trumps both Borat and the "hairy Speedo guy." I'm scarred for life!
    "Over the course of 2009, please feel free to email me swimming photos, which I will save and useto compile another assemblage."

Or... blackmail?

Nice job Jim. About halfway through the video, I figured out that YOU were the swim a workout with Dara Torres author and I thought "Not only does this guy know The Fortress, he swam a workout with Dara and LIVED to tell about it. How cool."
    Nicely done Jim...I agree with knelson...that one picture scarred me!!!!! LOL
    There are a ton of GREAT photos (only a few completely objectionable ones)
    Truely a tribute to the deep love and appreciation for frends who share the passion of swimming.
    Thanks for putting this together - you did a nice job
    How did you make the video, Jim? You could do post meet vid-pic-vlogs too.