View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Ho-hum Monday

Rate this Entry
I was up and out of the house by 5:05 a.m. destination Monon Center Pool. I noticed my gas tank was below E so I had to side track to the BP for some gas. Darn, I was hoping to get 4,000 scy this morning before work; kind of as a prelude to taper time. My gas stop set me back enough to render this an impossibility so I did a shorter workout.
**500 Freestyle Swim
**10 X 50 Free on 1:00
**400 Freestyle gradual building free
**2 X 200 on 3:30 (1st free/2nd back)
**300 Freestyle with paddles/buoy
**4 X 75 on 1:20 Free
**200 Backstroke
**2 X 100 Free on 1:45
**100 Free on 1;45
**6 X 50 free on :50
3,200 scy

I still had a slightly sick stomach today. I have no clue why I'm feeling this way. It makes me feel sluggish when I swim. Probably some 50'ish female malady that is best ignored.....carry on and don't look back!

I didn't leave school tonight till 6:10 p.m.. We had a long, non-pertinent staff meeting. When it finally ended I still had to get ready for 3 days worth of subs. The printer in the pod I use was out of ink and my computer was somehow dis-abled and would not e-mail to the office copier. I finally found a fellow teacher in the building to e-mail my plans to, he printed them out in his pod for me. I was so tired and frustrated I just wanted to kick something and cry!

Tomorrow Day 1 of the AAHPERD National Convention! I am getting certified in the "Physical Best" Program. I've used parts of this program off and on for years. I guess there are some updates and changes.
i am looking forward to connecting with people I converse with on the NASPE-Talk list-serve. It's sort of similar to the usms blogs and forums. I love to finally meet the person behind the words!
Tallyho!

Submit "Ho-hum Monday" to Digg Submit "Ho-hum Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Ho-hum Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ho-hum Monday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have fun at the convention! I think it's good you skipped the meet, especially since you have States in 2 weeks.

I saw Nick Thoman was having graston therapy too. You're so cutting edge!
    Hahaha, I'm so cutting edge....not!
    I hope Nick has a high pain tolerance, it hurts so badly during the treatment! The after effects are worth it though!