View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Mar. 15

Rate this Entry
Slightly better today! Still excessively tired and headache-y, but otherwise improving.

Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

750 various

Main sets:

10 x 50 @ 1:00
done as 25 back shooter + 25 EZ

10 x 50 @ 1:00
done as 25 EZ speed fly + 25 EZ

2 x (25 AFAP free + 50 EZ)

50 EZ

Total: 1950

Commentary:

I didn't feel terrible in the water. I actually feel worse out of the water. I feel like I'm carrying around a 30 lb weight and lacking some cognitive function. But I think the fatigue and headaches are characteristic of that piggy flu thing I didn't get vaccinated for. Poor FortSon is getting sick. But he's already had piggy flu once. I hope he can't get it again, but I think I've read that that's possible.

I'm scratching the 100 fly this weekend. I will send Jeff an email to that effect, as I don't see the psych sheets up yet. I just can't swim that event after having the flu. I'm still not remotely fully recovered. I hope I get a chance to swim it in SCM at some point this year. It's usually just a once a year event for me, as SCM meets are so few and far between here.

I can't wait to be fully recovered and go back to serious exercising. I feel fat and flabby and out of shape. Blech. I miss my drylands!

I was also forced to run around a lot today, and I hope that doesn't cause any relapse effect. You don't get to stop being mommy when you're sick.

Submit "Monday, Mar. 15" to Digg Submit "Monday, Mar. 15" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Mar. 15" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Mar. 15" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better!!!!!!
    It truly reeks to be sick, especially when you still have to take care of others!
    Just take it easy on the comeback, don't get excited and cause a relapse! i don't blame you for scratching the 100 fly! That race is horrid in the best of conditions. I don't think I could do it "under the weather!"
    Keep feeling good!
    Being sick when you're The Mom is a whole different deal from being sick when you're a regular person. Don't you go relapsing, now!!!

I almost feel mad at my body when it doesn't recover from illness or injury fast enough. I'm sure that with your high level of fitness, your body starts craving being able to work out like normal almost as soon as the worst is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better!!!!!!
    It truly reeks to be sick, especially when you still have to take care of others!
    Just take it easy on the comeback, don't get excited and cause a relapse! i don't blame you for scratching the 100 fly! That race is horrid in the best of conditions. I don't think I could do it "under the weather!"
    Keep feeling good!
    Thanks. Nope, just thinking about the 100 fly in meters gives me mental angst, so I am eliminating that angst. I'll do my 3 50s and I have a relay to swim too. That's plenty for a half day meet!

I did get a lot of help from Mr. Fort this weekend, but he blew out of town tonight. So the week won't be easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by spell_me
    Being sick when you're The Mom is a whole different deal from being sick when you're a regular person. Don't you go relapsing, now!!!

I almost feel mad at my body when it doesn't recover from illness or injury fast enough. I'm sure that with your high level of fitness, your body starts craving being able to work out like normal almost as soon as the worst is over.

Regular people go to bed when they're sick. Moms still have to do everything. Speaking of which, I still have to pack lunches and do more laundry.
    Good to hear you're back in the water; it's odd that a head cold can sometimes feel better swimming than land-bound.

Good call on the 100 fly scratch. There's like 10 months (almost) left in this year's SCM season -- plan a trip to AZ in October as Tall Paul's planning an SCM meet at his pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwbrundage
    Good to hear you're back in the water; it's odd that a head cold can sometimes feel better swimming than land-bound.

Good call on the 100 fly scratch. There's like 10 months (almost) left in this year's SCM season -- plan a trip to AZ in October as Tall Paul's planning an SCM meet at his pool.
    Love to go there, but was already thinking of NE Champs or CZ Champs on this side of the coast. I'm only "allotted" 2 travel meets this year, and Atlanta is one of them. Perhaps we'll luck out and have another SCM meet here in PV land. And perhaps one that isn't the same weekend as NE Champs! But, yeah, I've got some time to plan for 100 fly; I was very excited to break into the FINA rankings in this event, so would like to continue improving.

And, for me, the 100 fly needs some aerobic work as a lead up, Last year, at Albatross I swam 100 fly and 100 back but wasn't super sick and had a good aerobic base. I think I need to be realistic right now. This last week or so has more like a "drop dead, but hopefully you didn't die" taper.

You guy are really blessed with SCM meets out west.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better, Fort! So sorry that Mr. Fort is gone while you're not fully recovered. Bummer.

I have gone close to lifetime bests in the 50 while swimming after 2 weeks of sickness (and only getting in one practice during that time). You might surprise yourself with the 50s, you might not. Definitely a good call to scratch the 100 fly. 100's suck the life out of you...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Regular people go to bed when they're sick. Moms still have to do everything. Speaking of which, I still have to pack lunches and do more laundry.
    Jeez, make minifort and fort son pack their own lunches, spoiled little brats. They are going to get to college and not know how to cook anything but taco bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaFeisty
    I have gone close to lifetime bests in the 50 while swimming after 2 weeks of sickness (and only getting in one practice during that time). You might surprise yourself with the 50s, you might not. Definitely a good call to scratch the 100 fly. 100's suck the life out of you...
    I'm just going to swim with an eye on my old Pro times and hope for the best. Unlike Jimi who thinks the time change for women's suits will be negligible, I suspect the lack of rubber will make a difference.

Especially the 100 fly first thing ...
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Jeez, make minifort and fort son pack their own lunches, spoiled little brats. They are going to get to college and not know how to cook anything but taco bell.
    Then they'll be like me. lol Seriously, between sports and studying they rarely have a free minute during the week. FortSon doesn't get back from the river until almost 7:00 pm and has 3 AP classes. If they were sitting around doing nothing but texting their friends, that would be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Then they'll be like me.
    We CAN'T have that!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    We CAN'T have that!
    hahaha. I honestly don't remember cooking all that much in college.
    hey leslie,
    get better soon
    Nats is getting closer
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    hey leslie,
    get better soon
    Nats is getting closer
    Ack! Don't remind me! I need my 2 plus months.