View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

HIIT and Swim

Rate this Entry
by , March 15th, 2010 at 11:11 PM (538 Views)
Spring Break for the kids here, but we are staying close to home this year. Lots of plans for the summer to make up for it. While son was at a tennis lesson, I jumped on the treadmill at the Y and did a HIIT workout as follows:

1 mile warm-up at 9:30
1.5 miles of HIIT - 1 minute hard, 2 minutes eaasy - started out on hard at 7.5 mph and did last one at 9.5 mph

.25 mile easy cool-down

Went up the mountain tonight and swam 2,000 yards with the masters group:

300 easy warm-up

150 fly drill - 3 rt/3 lt/3 full

2 x 200 I.M. drill - fly: 3 rt/3 lt/3 full, back - wide entry, breast - breast pull with dolphin kick, free - straight arm recovery

150 back drill - wide entry

100 breast kick

2 sets of 4 x 75 on 1:45 - go hard: 50 fly/25 free, 50 back/25 free, 50 breast/25 free, 50 free/25 free

100 easy

4 x 25 free on :30 - 4 breaths, 3 breaths, 2 breaths, 1 breath

100 easy

2000 SCY

Tightness in sacroiliac region was gone! Maybe the combo of rest, core work on Friday and Sunday, and running on Saturday and today loosened it up. Nice that I couldn't even feel it!

Still recovering from what I had last week. Would probably not have been able to swim tonight if I had not gotten in a quick nap this afternoon. The little HIIT workout I did earlier in the day took something out of me. I think what I had last week was the flu. I got a swine flu shot this year, but not the regular flu shot. Shame on me.

Submit "HIIT and Swim" to Digg Submit "HIIT and Swim" to del.icio.us Submit "HIIT and Swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "HIIT and Swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments