odds = 25 AFAP flutter kick w/board + 50 EZ
evens = 25 AFAP free + 50 EZ

100 EZ

4 x 50 @ whatevah
odds = 25 fast russian breast drill + 25 EZ
evens = 25 long evil pullout + 25 EZ

150 EZ

Total: 1900

Feel about the same. Super tired, but at least headache is gone. I was happy to go a 20 in my fast 50. Though I guess maybe Dolphina is super powered no matter one's physical condition.

I looked up my 50 times swum at the Albatross meet in a Pro bodysuit. They are:

50 free: 29.2
50 fly: 31.4
50 back: 33.8

I'm aiming for around those times. 50 free is probably the most suspect b/c, for some reason, when I'm sick, freestyle feels like the first stroke to go. I lose any smoothness and start bouncing. Plus, there's not much time between the 50 fly and 50 free.

Here's the psych sheet:

I'm about to sign up for the Sunfish meet at he Freedom Center. Going to swim the 50 fly, 100 evil (as part of a 200 again) and either the 50 breast or 50 free, whichever I fancy to swim that day. I am going to try the 50 fly as a no breather (well, except for the turn). I won't rest for this meet; I'll essentially use it as a lactate workout and to practice starts & turns.

I'm getting excited about rowing season starting. FortSon's first race is March 27 and he's the stroke for the lightweight 8. Only one more swim meet left, Sectionals, then the USA-S winter swim season is in the books. Thank god for that.

Who drinks:

Exercise addiction:

Rest intervals at the gym:

DST Sucks:;

Running sucks:

Glucosamine/chondroitin don't work:

Submit "Tuesday, Mar. 16" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Mar. 16" to Submit "Tuesday, Mar. 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Mar. 16" to Google

Updated March 16th, 2010 at 07:59 PM by The Fortress

Swim Workouts

Interesting story on running, thanks for sharing. I agree that it isn't for everyone, and it seems that it is easy to get injured running, much more so than other sports. But I don't agree with the whole article, and Racing Weight counters it too.

What's the whole deal with DST? I keep hearing how much people hate it. Living here in AZ we don't do it. I've been told many reasons, most dealing with farming. It is a PITA that now I have 8am conf calls (had one today), but I'll take them to not have to switch my clock 2x a year.
    I don't like it just for the purely selfish reason that it takes me so long to adjust and makes it even harder to get to sleep. But I must admit to liking long summer nights.

The main rationale now is energy savings, I think. Here's a piece from the Post:
    Every time it happens, our local media and occasionally the state legislature discuss it. But of course nothing ever happens.

Since I swim or do other activities in the morning, I like having the sun. But it can be a bit much in June/July when I need my sunglasses at 5:30 am to drive to workout....

Hope you're feeling better! Trouble sleeping? You're now 3 hours ahead of AZ.
    That's why I don't go to meets in AZ. Can't take the 3 hour difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    That's why I don't go to meets in AZ. Can't take the 3 hour difference.
    So you won't come to nationals next year here in Mesa? I was thinking I'd finally get to meet you, provided I break my (would be 8 year) no-meet rule.

Since you usually swim later in the day, the 3 hours later here would greatly benefit you, a 7am warm-up would be 10 am for you.
    I'm not sure what I'll do that year. When I fly west, I usually wake up at 4:00 am west coast time and can't go back to sleep. I was thinking of going to LC Nats that year at Auburn. I never go to both SCY and LCM Nats. And I'll be 50 in meters that year. We'll see ...