View RSS Feed

Nancy H.

Stress Relief

Rate this Entry
by , March 16th, 2010 at 10:53 PM (1207 Views)
Well, we were VERY lucky not to lose electricity over the rainy weekend. We also were very lucky not to have trees or tree limbs or utility poles land on anyone or anything, and we had only a moderate amount of water in the cellar (at its worst, about three on a scale of one to Mother's Day 2007). Our sump pump was going off almost continually, though.

I missed last night's class because I didn't want to risk driving across town with so much high water in the streets, so I went tonight instead. Had an amazing workout of mostly freestyle and backstroke (YAY), and managed flip turns on pretty much everything except the drills and breaststroke--and this was sharing a lane.

So the extra work I've been doing weekends practicing flip turns while swimming along lane lines and circle swimming has definitely paid off. I think what was giving me trouble before was that I could do the flip turns no problem with a lane to myself, but then everything would fall apart when I had to also watch out for someone else. Now, by George, I think I finally got it!

The best stress relief in the world! Now it's time to

Submit "Stress Relief" to Digg Submit "Stress Relief" to del.icio.us Submit "Stress Relief" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stress Relief" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments