1-10 on back
11-20 twirling

50 EZ

Speed Work:

1 x 50 AFAP back w/fins
went 24
blew past the 15 meter mark on the first 25 though

150 EZ

1 x 50 evil @ 90% (working on long streamlines)
went 32

100 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP free + 50 EZ)

some freestyle turns at race pace

100 EZ

Total: 1975

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

Still gradually improving health wise. Geez, does it have to take so long?! Still having some nasty sinus pain too, so heading back to the neti pot. I don't like to use my pool as a gigantic neti pot like Jimi.

I'm slightly gruntled by my training in March. I feel like I've gotten somewhat off track. I'm trying to placate myself by noting, as Speedo and Chris have, that sometimes the body needs a break. Still, I'm ready to get back to regular training. I think I'll add back some aerobic work for a few weeks, but still focus on speed and strength in both the pool and gym. It's hard to believe it's only 2 months until Nats!

WRT drylands, I saw a mention of a "snatch balance" exercise on the Cross Fit facebook site. I asked for and they sent me a video. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrYjUy1BiI4"]YouTube- CrossFit Snatch[/ame] Looks like it's worth trying, a nice variation of a couple exercises.

And great news wrt to my B70 customer service issue. After sending a third email, I got an email from the Pres of US Ops asking me to give him a call and I spoke to him last night. He apologized for the confusion/delay in my order, and mailed me both a new nero comp and a nero TX kneeskin. I am thrilled! I will get to try out the new B70 kneeskin at my meet this weekend. I asked Mini Fort about her Speedo and, as mentioned on the forums, she did say it stretched out very quickly.

The rest of the day is super super busy. I have 4 kids practices to chauffeur around too, as Mini has added travel volleyball to the schedule. I will try to stretch tonight. I simply haven't had the energy for it on other nights. I have an ART appointment tomorrow, so I guess the timing for that is good given my delinquency.

Submit "Wed., March 17" to Digg Submit "Wed., March 17" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., March 17" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., March 17" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice for u to get 2 new suits...I wonder if non world champions would get such treatment...

Dear Mr B70...

LOL--good luck and glad u feel better!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Nice for u to get 2 new suits...I wonder if non world champions would get such treatment...

Dear Mr B70...

LOL--good luck and glad u feel better!
    Ha! I'm sure they have no idea. I think they just felt bad it had been so long. I was surprised to get that email this am. But back ups are good! I know, from sorry experience, that one must have a back up in the bag!
    Updated March 17th, 2010 at 09:37 PM by The Fortress
    hehe speaking of which.. my training goggles disapeared an i had to use back ups.. they sucked
    hehe speaking of which.. my training goggles disapeared an i had to use back ups.. they sucked
    See? You need extra everything. Do you remember 2008 LCM Zones (the "Big Chill" weekend) when my cap burst moments before my 50 free, I had no extras, and Barb ran down the pool and handed me hers just in time?
    Yup...
    That was a nice meet... 3:14
    Yup...
    That was a nice meet... 3:14
    Ah, I remember that swim too. That was a breakthrough swim and you passed Cheryl on the last length!