View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

It was worth getting up at 4:30

Rate this Entry
This morning I swam with the Asphalt Green masters. I had been feeling frustrated lately about water quality and temperature issues at my team’s regular pool, and this week I finally decided that I’d had enough of swimming in hot and/or opaque water. I’ve swum with the AG team in the past, and decided to add them back into my workout rotation for at least the next few months, and probably through the end of the summer. They swim in by far the best facility in Manhattan; the drawback is that it’s less convenient for me to get to, and their morning workouts are awfully early (starting at 5:45). But I decided to suck it up and journey across town before sunrise anyway, and was glad I did—it was just heavenly to swim in clear, cool water in an all-deep, LCM pool! Plus I got to see some buddies from that team that I’ve not swum with for a long time, and I worked way harder than I would have on my own.

Here’s the workout we did:

600 LCM warmup

6 x 150 FR [mixed in some BK, not sure what interval we did as I was just following and feeling giddy about swimming in the nice pool]

8 x 50 FR @ 1:05

Test set:
7 x 100 FR @ 5:00, striving for best average time and remembering fastest time and average time [went 1:19, 20, 19, 18, 19, 18, 19; fastest = 1:18, average = 1:18 6/7. I did an easy 100 after each one.]

5 x 100 CH @ 2:00 warmdown

(I'm already wanting to do that test set again so I can try to go faster!)

Good luck to everyone swimming meets this weekend!

Submit "It was worth getting up at 4:30" to Digg Submit "It was worth getting up at 4:30" to del.icio.us Submit "It was worth getting up at 4:30" to StumbleUpon Submit "It was worth getting up at 4:30" to Google

Updated March 26th, 2010 at 01:00 PM by swimsuit addict

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Opaque water is always scary! You can't help but wonder what's wrong!
    I almost would rather do my swim in the early a.m. than later; it's a great feeling to be done....plus NO Distractions!