View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

If the daffodils are not complaining about this cold weather

Rate this Entry
then I guess I shouldn't either.

I swam the morning workout with AG masters. It was a fun and calm workout, with cheerful lanemates. We were only 5 in a LC lane, which felt luxuriously spacious to me. (Funny how that would have seemed horribly crowded when I was down in Florida, where everyone routinely had their own lane.) Here’s what we did:

1000 LCM warmup

4 x 50 FR desc. @ 1:00

3 x thru (ST = FL on round 1, BK on 2nd round, BR on 3rd round)
250 FR
50 ST
2 x 100 IM
2 x 100 ST

10 x 80m @ 2:00 (start at flags, swim to flags at far end and flip turn w/o wall, sprint back to flags, then vertical kick w/ arms out of water until start of next 80) [this was fun but hard, especially with tired legs from the previous stroke set]

4 x 100 kick alt. 25 easy/25 fast @ 3:00

200 warmdown

I got some good FR stroke tips from Coach Marco. I worked on relaxing my hands and wrists more on my FR recovery. I also experimented with ending my pull a bit earlier—this seemed to not only make the recovery easier, but also make doing a 6-beat kick feel more natural.

In the late morning I did a rowing workout with my husband. He wanted me to look at his form and give him some pointers before the next rowing class, so I did. Here’s what we rowed:

4 minutes rowing drills

2 min. easy row / recovery

10 min. warmup row [descended this to about 2:15 pace for last minute]

2 min. easy row

5-minute piece [avg. 2:15 pace]

2 min. easy row

3 x (2-minute piece, 2-min easy row), desc. [2:12, 2:11, 2:08]

2 min. easy row

3 x (1-minute piece, 2-min easy row), desc. [2:04, 2:03, 1:58]

4 min. warmdown

I wasn’t sure how I would feel doing the rowing workout so soon after the swimming, but it was ok. My times were not as fast as last week when I went into the workout fresh, but I got in some good work and was pleased.

Submit "If the daffodils are not complaining about this cold weather" to Digg Submit "If the daffodils are not complaining about this cold weather" to del.icio.us Submit "If the daffodils are not complaining about this cold weather" to StumbleUpon Submit "If the daffodils are not complaining about this cold weather" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments