View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

3/28: I fought the Geek

Rate this Entry
and the Geek won.

On Sunday's I try to get a 5km over distance workout in at Lifetime. Geek did a effulgent workout yesterday of descending sets of descending 500s.

Here was my planned orotund workout of 400s, each 400 set faster than the previous.

- 200 ez
- 4x400 on 6:20 descend 1-4
- 200 ez
- 3x400 on 6:20 descend 1-3
- 200 ez
- 2x400 on 6:00 descend 1-2
- 200 ez
- 1x400 FAST (go faster than Geek's 5:41)
- 200 ez

Swimsuitaddict will describe my actual workout as putrid or repugnant or maybe a perturbing acerbation.

I got out after the second 200. The chemicals were messed up in such a way that my lips and tongue were swollen from loss of moisture during the 400s. By the end of the 400s my throat had started to dry out. Of course, my water bottle was on the counter at home. Considering that my thoat is still bothering me an hour later, having my water bottle with me would have just exacerbated the predicament.

* You may have noticed a high concentration of "SAT words" in my latest rave. I made the mistake of using Swimsuitaddicts comment to Aquageek to make fun of the esteemed Aquageek. After referencing a dictionary, a thesaurus and an encyclopedia, verifying she was indeed making of me, I was struck with such angst that I will refrain from such obiter dictums in the future.

** My preference for 4 letter words over 4 syllable words will return in my next installment of nonsense.

Submit "3/28: I fought the Geek" to Digg Submit "3/28: I fought the Geek" to del.icio.us Submit "3/28: I fought the Geek" to StumbleUpon Submit "3/28: I fought the Geek" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Actually, I'm going to describe your workout as sensible, given the conditions. Even really smart. Sometimes the best skill an athlete can have is to know when to say enough!

(And no more of those scary big words words from this quarter--I don't want to be the occasion of any more angst!)

But know that I am just waiting for you to do a great workout so I can describe your splits as simply darling!
    But effulgent is a simply divine word.

That workout, however, is excretory.
    Was this workout done in imperial units or metric? 5:41 for a 400 seems a tad leisurely if it were yards.

Always enjoy the blog postings. I believe I learned something new today.

Be careful with that kind of language in Texas though.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Was this workout done in imperial units or metric? 5:41 for a 400 seems a tad leisurely if it were yards.

Was it the orotund? Or the obiter dicta?
    Today's post seems nudging in the direction of "catenary": "My descending intervals trace the trajectory of multiple elastic catenaries."
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene

Today's post seems nudging in the direction of "catenary": "My descending intervals trace the trajectory of multiple elastic catenaries."

perturbing acerbation... exacerbated...obiter dictums
    All potty mouth fightin' words. Dubya would agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Actually, I'm going to describe your workout as sensible, given the conditions. Even really smart. Sometimes the best skill an athlete can have is to know when to say enough!

(And no more of those scary big words words from this quarter--I don't want to be the occasion of any more angst!)

But know that I am just waiting for you to do a great workout so I can describe your splits as simply darling!
    Thanks, I am making a special note and forwarding it on to LW that someone thinks I am sensible.

You can be assured that I am eagerly awaiting my next simply darling workout.

Metric, thanks, and it just depends on who you hang out with.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene

If only that were true of my intervals.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    But effulgent is a simply divine word.

That workout, however, is excretory.
    Aquageek is a effulgent soul, as far as soul glow goes.

I have decided that a middle distance swimmer like the pressure to go fast of a sprint workout while needing nearly the volume of a distance workout. Quite possibly the stupidest combination that you could come up with.
    All these $2 words confound me.

I will say you made the right call getting out of the pool. Bad chemicals can destroy you for a day or two, especially when the PH is way off, which sounds like your issue.

Your statement - "I have decided that a middle distance swimmer like the pressure to go fast of a sprint workout while needing nearly the volume of a distance workout. Quite possibly the stupidest combination that you could come up with." - quite possibly the best, most insightful quote ever on the forum blogs, very good.
    All potty mouth fightin' words. Dubya would agree.
    LOL, those words. I thought you meant the four letter words.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    quite possibly the best, most insightful quote ever on the forum blogs, very good.
    The forums are in a sad sad state then I am afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    The forums are in a sad sad state then I am afraid.
    Fort said something a few months back that made me roar with laughter, but I can't remember it now so you have the first place slot.

Fort - please remember for me.