View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

If I raced those fast college guys . . .

Rate this Entry
Today was just an easy recovery day. I went over to the Y and rowed a little bit with the folks who are pounding meters for the Rowing Challenge, then took my time stretching afterwards. Ahhhh! Then back home to root for my Spartans in the NCAA tournament.

I’ve been watching the NCAA men’s swimming results. Those times are so fast that they practically make no sense to me. The winning time for the 800 FR relay caught my eye. It was 6:12, which is just a second slower than the 500 yard time I swam in January. So if I were swimming in the same pool as these guys, I could have just held them off . . . from lapping me the sixth time. (The NCAA-record holders from last year would have gotten that sixth pass, with a 6:10).

Sometimes during lap times other swimmers will ask me whether I swam in the Olympics, or whether I’m a “professional swimmer” (LOL—this does really happen!) Regular people have no idea how fast real swimmers actually are. For the record, I would enjoy watching NCAAs more if they swam LC—swimmers this fast practically make a SCY tank look like a bathtub.

My swimming goal this week: Improving my back-to-breast turn on my off arm. Any ideas how to practice this?

Submit "If I raced those fast college guys . . ." to Digg Submit "If I raced those fast college guys . . ." to del.icio.us Submit "If I raced those fast college guys . . ." to StumbleUpon Submit "If I raced those fast college guys . . ." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I would enjoy watching NCAAs more if they swam LC—swimmers this fast practically make a SCY tank look like a bathtub.
    I like this comment. Yeah, NCAAs Champs should be in LC. It is one of the fastest meets in the world and yet, it is in a yucky yards pool.