View RSS Feed

A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming

Friday-Sunday

Rate this Entry
by , March 28th, 2010 at 07:29 PM (214 Views)
March 26-28, 2010

Friday:
It was a bit of a bust for swimming. Had a project at work to finish so went in early since I wanted to be done by noon so I could leave for Boise. Thought I might get a swim in once I got to Boise but that wasn't happening either. Did have a good 1 hour session at the gym with my trainer prior to leaving Elko. So the day wasn't a total loss.

Saturday:
Big swimming day. Met with my former coach, Shannon of FlowAquatics, at her swim studio for about 45 minutes of 1 on 1 technique work. This was done in her endless pool and didn't seem too productive at the time but when I went to the pool later and tried the drills I was amazed.

Saturday afternoon was a small fun meet with the Sawtooth Masters group. I swam the 100 free and 50 free. My times weren't that great but I was focusing on the stroke count and other things I've been working on over the last few weeks and felt pretty satisfied with the swims. During warmup and cool down I also spent some time on the new things I had learned in the morning.

Total yardage for the day was about 1600 y.

Sunday:
Attended a clinic held by Coach Shannon at the YMCA with about 8 other swimmers where we worked on drills using the same things she had worked with me on Saturday. It was awesome and very productive. Now I have some things to focus on in my own workouts which should re-inforce what I've been working on for the last few weeks.
Total swim yardage about 1500.

Submit "Friday-Sunday" to Digg Submit "Friday-Sunday" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday-Sunday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday-Sunday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments