View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

3/29: Team Practice

Rate this Entry
Warm Up
- 300 free
- 50 dolphin kick with board no fins

- 300 back
- 2x100 back/free kick with fins
- 100 drill
- 50 breast kick with board
Transition
- 10x25 work streamline and first six strokes
- 2x50 ez

Main Set
- 2x50 on :40
- 4x100 on 1:15 (held <1:10)
Main Set 2 on 1:40 base
- 50 back
- 100 IM
- 150 back
- 200 IM
- 200 IM
- 150 back
- 100 IM
- 50 back
Warm down
- 200 ez

Mostly a aerobic workout. The 2x50+4x100 was supposed to be 10x50, and I decided that was a waste of time. I was pretty happy holding 1:15s and need to push myself more to do 1:15 and 1:10 sets.

Asia: If Asia is interesting to some of you I will post about it more, otherwise I will probably post about the trip once after it is over. I will post about anything swimming I manage to do while in Asia.

Submit "3/29: Team Practice" to Digg Submit "3/29: Team Practice" to del.icio.us Submit "3/29: Team Practice" to StumbleUpon Submit "3/29: Team Practice" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. quicksilver's Avatar
    to push myself more to do 1:15 and 1:10 sets
    This will immensely help your 200 endurance.
  2. Speedo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    This will immensely help your 200 endurance.
    +1
  3. pwolf66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    This will immensely help your 200 endurance.
    No, it won't, they're lying to you.
  4. tjrpatt's Avatar
    Hope you and the LW have a great trip. Then, you come back and get ready for Nationals so you can do your low 1:50s in the 200 free and crack the top 30.
  5. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwolf66
    No, it won't, they're lying to you.
    What is this, good angel, bad angel?
  6. quicksilver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwolf66
    No, it won't, they're lying to you.
    He's right...in a way. You have to be able to do more than 4 of them to achieve the appropriate training benefit.


    Almost forgot...

    In between each repeat... get out of the pool, click your heels together 3 times and repeat, "no pain, no gain."

    You'll be in the best 200 shape ever.
  7. pwb's Avatar
    I'm interested in your Asia tales -- food, people, sights, places to go, places to avoid ... oh, and your aquatic exploits as well
  8. aquageek's Avatar
    I like your workout today, as much as I ever like IM workouts. You swimming exploits in Asia will be of interest to me, along with your other travel details.
  9. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    In between each repeat... get out of the pool, click your heels together 3 times and repeat, "no pain, no gain."
    I just click my heels together and say, "I don't have to do this. I'm not an age grouper anymore. I can swim what I like and the way I like."

    Yes, on Asia details! Yes, on cruising details. There is a possibility I may be dragged on a cruise ship in the near future; something I swore would never happen.
  10. aquageek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yes, on Asia details! Yes, on cruising details. There is a possibility I may be dragged on a cruise ship in the near future; something I swore would never happen.
    I, too, am in this boat. I have read up on these cruises and there is actually a small trend towards some health and fitness while on board. The thought of sitting on a boat for a week gorging myself on food is not appealing but gorging 23 hours a day and then a vigorous workout for 1 hour a day makes it seem less awful. I suspect the fanny pack ratio is close to 1:1 on those things however.
  11. quicksilver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I just click my heels together ...
    That's gotta be hard to do with a monofin!
    Yes, usually sprinters don't feel any discomfort until my the race is over and they start wrapping the towel around their waste.

    q wants to get good at the 8 lap sprint.
    The pain delivery usually arrives on lap number 5. He has to learn how to welcome it with open lactic acid laden arms.
  12. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I just click my heels together and say, "I don't have to do this. I'm not an age grouper anymore. I can swim what I like and the way I like."
    I looked at it another way. If I could actually pull off that stunt on 1:10, I would be damn fast.
  13. pwolf66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    q wants to get good at the 8 lap sprint.
    The pain delivery usually arrives on lap number 5. He has to learn how to welcome it with open lactic acid laden arms.
    I know exactly where the pain happens.

    200scm is right as I reach the flags after pushing off the 100 turn.

    200scy is right as I reach the flags after pushing off the 100 turn.

    200lcm is right before I step up on the blocks.
  14. aquageek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwolf66
    I know exactly where the pain happens.

    200scm is right as I reach the flags after pushing off the 100 turn.

    200scy is right as I reach the flags after pushing off the 100 turn.

    200lcm is right before I step up on the blocks.
    Ha, this is funny. I think I actually cried before my last 400 LCM.
  15. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwolf66
    200lcm is right before I step up on the blocks.
  16. quicksilver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwolf66

    200lcm is right before I step up on the blocks.
    That's because Mr. Rigor Mortis eagerly awaits your arrival at mid pool.

    The 400 might as well be an English Channel crossing. You should wave you loved ones goodbye before going all out on that one.