View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Yoga + Entries, April 1

Rate this Entry
P90X Yoga, 75 minutes

Did about 75 minutes of the 90 minute tape. My legs were burning on some of the warrior postures with all those lunges ... This time I tried going from Warrior 3 (see link yesterday) to The Ankle Pose. This consists of standing on one leg, head on knee, hands around ankles, with the other leg straight back at a 90 degree angle. Not easy!

I was too tired after yesterday's double to do anything else and I'm driving home tonight. I have a swim planned for tomorrow.

Entries:

I finally did my online entries for Colonies Zones and SCY Nats.

Zones:

Sat:

50 evil
100 fly
3 relays

Sun:

100 IM
100 back
50 free
2 relays

Hoping to be on the mixed 200 relays with Speedo! And we're going to try to defend our AA in our chicks' 400 medley relay. I'm hoping to get a 50 back split leading off a mixed 200 medley relay. I decided to pass on the 100 free on Sat and the 50 fly on Sunday (swimming 50 fly on April 10 anyway). 10 events over two days is plenty. I'll be scheduling a massage right after!

Nationals:

50 breast
50 back
50 fly
100 back
100 fly
100 IM*
200 mixed medley relay
200 mixed free relay

*6th event

I entereed in season times for Zones and all PBs for Nats. So no accusations of sandbagging please! This time I also signed up for the Gold Medal Sponsor so I can eat all the bananas I want!

And newsflash! According to some trashy rag, I see I'm expecting twins. lol When hell freezes over!

Submit "Yoga + Entries, April 1" to Digg Submit "Yoga + Entries, April 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Yoga + Entries, April 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Yoga + Entries, April 1" to Google

Updated April 1st, 2010 at 08:58 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Planning , Yoga

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. qbrain's Avatar
    AA? I mean, I know what it means, but you have 4 alcoholics on one relay? I think that would impair your starts.
  2. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    AA? I mean, I know what it means, but you have 4 alcoholics on one relay? I think that would impair your starts.
    I think Barb and I are the only regular imbibers on the chicks relay. Now, our mixed relays for Nats may be in need of serious intervention. Though we are all, at the moment, on some version of being off the sauce.
  3. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Though we are all, at the moment, on some version of being off the sauce.
    Silly girls.
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Silly girls.
    Those are mixed relays. Are you calling Speedo and William girls? Hehe
  5. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Those are mixed relays. Are you calling Speedo and William girls? Hehe
    Are either one of them bigger than I am? No wait, you said "Barb and I are the only regular imbibers on the chicks relay", I am totally in the clear. Either you mislead me by calling Speedo and Williams chicks, or you tried to change relay's while I wasn't looking.
  6. rtodd's Avatar
    Fort,

    Contemplating the trip for zones on Sunday to do 100IM and the 50's. I can do this online? I'll let you know if I'm coming.

    Rob.
  7. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rtodd
    Fort,

    Contemplating the trip for zones on Sunday to do 100IM and the 50's. I can do this online? I'll let you know if I'm coming.

    Rob.
    you can register online at www.patriotmasters.com.

    It'd be great to have you!
  8. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Are either one of them bigger than I am? No wait, you said "Barb and I are the only regular imbibers on the chicks relay", I am totally in the clear. Either you mislead me by calling Speedo and Williams chicks, or you tried to change relay's while I wasn't looking.
    damn linguistics twister!

    I don't mind if you call them girls. Just so they all drink with me after Nats.
  9. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Are either one of them bigger than I am? No wait, you said "Barb and I are the only regular imbibers on the chicks relay", I am totally in the clear. Either you mislead me by calling Speedo and Williams chicks, or you tried to change relay's while I wasn't looking.
    damn linguistics twister!

    I don't mind if you call them girls. Just so they all drink with me after Nats.
  10. jim thornton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    you can register online at www.patriotmasters.com.

    It'd be great to have you!
    Erratum: should be

    http://www.patriotmasters.org/

    I am going to check out the deadline and see if i can come. it would be nice to swim a relay. one of these days, i will have to become a leslie sorority girl

    leslie! remind me when the deadline is fast approaching!

  11. jim thornton's Avatar
    Online entry deadline is 11pm Monday April 12, 2010. The postmark deadline is Friday April 9, 2010. Competitors may enter up to 5 individual events per day, plus relays. The meet is open to all Masters Swimmers holding a valid 2010 USMS
    registration card (verified in online registration). A COPY OF THIS CARD MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR MAILED ENTRY! Age is determined by a swimmer’s age on April 25, 2010. 2010 USMS rules and regulations apply.
  12. jim thornton's Avatar
    What's with the psych sheets? We can still enter, right? Is this just the people who have already signed up?

    Leslie, remind me to sign up! Put the pressure on Bill to go, too. And Mark. And maybe one more guy for a relay...
  13. knelson's Avatar
    Have you lowered your expectations for Nats, what with being pregnant and all?
  14. Speedo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    damn linguistics twister!

    I don't mind if you call them girls. Just so they all drink with me after Nats.
    That Sunday beer is going to taste pretty darn good. Maybe I should rebook to a Mon AM return flight... Too bad you won't be drinking- for the sake of the youngins, of course.
  15. Julie Roddin's Avatar
    Shoot. I was counting on you to enter the 400 IM at zones with a seed time faster than my 5:21. I need 5 more people to enter with faster times than me. I really DON'T want to be in the fast heat....need that extra 5 minutes of rest before the 100 back. I thought 5:21 would do it, but now am not sure.
  16. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    That Sunday beer is going to taste pretty darn good. Maybe I should rebook to a Mon AM return flight... Too bad you won't be drinking- for the sake of the youngins, of course.
    I am going to start drinking Saturday, probably after the 100 free before cool down.
  17. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    What's with the psych sheets? We can still enter, right? Is this just the people who have already signed up?

    Leslie, remind me to sign up! Put the pressure on Bill to go, too. And Mark. And maybe one more guy for a relay...
    The psych sheets are just people that have entered so far.

    How can you pass up your last opportunity to post some fast times in your cheating suit at a pretty fast non Y pool?

    I will continue to pressure Bill.

    At least Mark is going to Nats! He will need a tune up meet though.

    If you persuaded Dan to go, you guys would have a really kick ass relay!
  18. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    leslie sorority girl
    I know you said that just to annoy me!
  19. Speedo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I am going to start drinking Saturday, probably after the 100 free before cool down.
    I don't blame you- you'll have waited a day already to celebrate beating Wolf.
  20. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    That Sunday beer is going to taste pretty darn good. Maybe I should rebook to a Mon AM return flight... Too bad you won't be drinking- for the sake of the youngins, of course.
    I'm of French heritage. The French drink through pregnancies ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast