View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Listening to the body

Rate this Entry
by , April 10th, 2010 at 04:19 PM (597 Views)
Fell just 200 yards short of my goal for this week, so I won't sweat it. Kind of excited I have only 3 more weeks of hard work.

Yesterday, I did a 2,000 yard swim workout of various things. On one set, I did 4 x 75, starting off with all free and adding fly through the set so that the last 75 was all fly. These were on 1:20, so plenty of rest. Still, I felt yucky all over - tight, heavy in the water, etc. Decided to punt swimming today because of how I felt. Hope I don't have something serious going on because I really have not been doing that much. Hopefully taking the weekend off will help matters.

Did the final deload workout later yesterday afternoon as follows:

Squats: bar x 20

Push-ups with bosu ball - one set of 20

Lat pull-down: 85 x 10

Military press: 35 x 10

Hammer curls: 8 x 10

Leg press: 150 x 10

Hammer curls: 40 x 10

Bicycle crunches: 1 set of 100

Good morning darlings: 1 set of 50

Hand to toe sit-ups: 1 set of 20

Submit "Listening to the body" to Digg Submit "Listening to the body" to del.icio.us Submit "Listening to the body" to StumbleUpon Submit "Listening to the body" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Maybe the de-loading threw you into the beginning a taper sluggish feeling?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Maybe the de-loading threw you into the beginning a taper sluggish feeling?
    That could very well be the case. Still, my nutrition has generally stunk lately and I've been warned by a coach to train my age (Kind of funny that he said that after you posted that article.). He said that the kids' workouts I've been doing just won't work well for a masters sprint swimmer because there is not enough recovery between swims on the sets. Maybe if I were a faster swimmer and naturally more an endurance type, the intervals would be o.k. For my level and my age though, I may have been pushing it a little too hard.

I've been training with a distance swimmer and trying to keep up with her on these sets and I've been trying to "win" all the sprint sets. I may be too competitive for my own good. Think I might try training on my own next week and see if I feel any better.