View RSS Feed

FlyQueen

Sunday's recovery workout

Rate this Entry
by , April 12th, 2010 at 09:41 AM (789 Views)
Killed myself on Thursday with a tough training appointment and then an hour on the reformer. Decided to take Friday off and did not have time to workout on Saturday. Still did a recovery workout yesterday as the next few days promise to kick my butt...

1000 warm-up (2 x 200 free, 200 pull, 4 x 50 kick, 4 x 25 build, 100 ez)

4 x 100 fr @ 1:30
4 x 75 1&2 back with paddles 3&4 breast kick
4 x 50 (1-3 fly drill on 1:00, #4 fl swim)
4 x 25 fast IM order 1:00

C/D was 4 x (4 x 25) ALL EZ round 1 - bk; round 2 - breast; round 3 - fly; round 4 (straight 100 free)

Submit "Sunday's recovery workout" to Digg Submit "Sunday's recovery workout" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday's recovery workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday's recovery workout" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Do you do the reformer by yourself or is there a trainer with you? Were you being trained on the reformer or doing something else?
    I had my personal trainer that attempts to kill me each week for an hour - lots of plyos, strength, bands, jumps, etc. Then I have my small group (3 person) pilates class on the reformer with a pilates instructor. It was a tough back to back only because my muscles were pretty shot from training.

This week I have training on Wednesday so I'm hoping that helps.
    When is IL States?
    Same weekend as Colonies Zones.

Heather, thanks so much for telling me to cut out the weights!!! I just read the article Leslie posted on Elise's blog and am now freaking about lack of taper! From the article: "...consider stress. The more stress a sprinter is under, the longer the taper."

I think that you will have an awesome base to taper from for your sprints, even if your in-pool time has not been as much as you hoped this year.
    Carrie, that's what I'm hoping. As the dryland gets cut out the swim time will increase and the quality will, too - GOD willing!