View RSS Feed

FlyQueen

Wednesday's Training Session

Rate this Entry
by , April 15th, 2010 at 11:58 AM (908 Views)
I can almost always remember swim workouts even a day or two later. Training sessions I blank out on though.

What I do remember:

Stretch and run warm-up

3 x
Single leg side box jumps
Weighted squats
Sit-up position twist and throw with med ball
Straight arm pull-ups with cables
squat jumps onto weight bench
Box jumps

3 x
Squat jumps with bar
Leg kick out extenstions with cables
Straight arm extensions with 5lb plates
Single arm bent over extension with 5lb plate
Feet on bench hands on ball in plank position alt. feet raise

That's all I remember ... it was an hour and I remember my legs being totally fried. Still sore today and loving it! Next week no dryland to rest my legs a bit for state.

Submit "Wednesday's Training Session" to Digg Submit "Wednesday's Training Session" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday's Training Session" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday's Training Session" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So the difference between a box jump and a squat jump to bench is that you start the latter in a deep squat position? What are squat jumps with a bar? The 45 lb bar?

I can never remember either. But I use my Notes function on iphone to record it as I go. You can email it to yourself and copy it onto your blog.
    Box jumps are jumping from a squat to a squat on the box.

The jumps to the bench - I had one leg on each side of the bench, squat until my butt almost hit the bench then jumped up to the bench with my feet coming together on the bench.

Does that make sense?

I don't want to take notes while I'm with my trainer. Next time I do solo dryland I'll note it as I go since I'm listening to my IPod/Phone anyway.
    Oh and squat jumps with the bar are simply that. Squat with the bar almost resting on the tops of your shoulders, arms criss-crossed. Then squat down and jump up. Not sure how much the bar weighed.
    I like the squat jumps! Will try them.

I also like altitude drop. Where you jump off the box and land in a squat
    We've done jumps from a smaller box to the ground to a bigger box, too. We were doing squat jumps on to the big box landing in a squat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyQueen
    We've done jumps from a smaller box to the ground to a bigger box, too. We were doing squat jumps on to the big box landing in a squat.
    I think I would like your trainer! No wonder are legs are tired. We've been squatting ourselves to death!
    You would love him! He's a doll and absolutely kicks my butt every week. It was a GREAT decision!