View RSS Feed

FlyQueen

Monday April 19, 2010

Rate this Entry
by , April 20th, 2010 at 01:10 PM (847 Views)
Ah a week of taper ... just what I need.

I did NO dryland ... EEK!

400 free
4 x 50 Indy IM on 1:15
2 x 50 kick on 1:20
4 x 100 free ez on 1:40

1 x 100 free broken @ 50 for :15 and 75 for :10
1 x 50 fly broken @ 25 for :15

c/d

I did the taper workout my teammates are doing for state. My legs are still totally fried. Even just on those 2 x 50 kick they were hurtin'. I'm anxious to see how I swim this weekend. My left arm pull is way off on free. I have a major knot going on in my left shoulder blade - MASSAGE TOMORROW!!!

I have very little expectations for speed right now, but I'm hopeful. My turnover just isn't there. Hopefully I find it in the next couple of weeks.

Submit "Monday April 19, 2010" to Digg Submit "Monday April 19, 2010" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday April 19, 2010" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday April 19, 2010" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

For once, I'm actually enjoying my mini rest as well.

I got a massage today. Must have before big meets!
    What is Indy IM? Is that where you do fly-back, back-breast, etc for the 50s?

I think you are on-track for a scorching nats. Speed for States may or may not be there, who knows?
    I hope so, Carrie. My turnover is so slow right now though it's freaking me out. Lots and lots of sprinting over the next four weeks. I don't even want to verbalize my goals (though I think I told you what I want to go in the 100).

Not too worried about state, but I'd like to do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaFeisty
    What is Indy IM? Is that where you do fly-back, back-breast, etc for the 50s?

I think you are on-track for a scorching nats. Speed for States may or may not be there, who knows?

And yes, Indy IM is fly/back, back/breast, breast/free, free/fly. It's Vince's favorite. I prefer a straight 200IM drill as you can see when I'm in control of the workout.