View RSS Feed

Nancy H.

Mile High

Rate this Entry
by , April 27th, 2010 at 11:33 AM (593 Views)
Amazing class last night. We did a broken 1650 as part of our workout, which I did with all flip turns, and my time worked out to an average of 1:55 for each 100 yds, faster split times than what I usually do in an hour swim. I really felt like I was cranking. Finally getting the hang of body roll, arm extension, early catch. Not perfect, but when I do it right, I can feel the subtle differences in stroke power. Ditto backstroke. I still have a long way to go before I do all this consistently, but at least I have a sense of how it should feel.

Also, my cardio fitness in general feels much better. My flip turns were pretty good, too, and again, I know how they should feel when done right,and I know what I'm doing wrong when they go a little wonky. Not bad, considering I was sharing a lane with a much more powerful swimmer than myself, and there was a lot of turbulence being kicked up--lots of swimmers in a fairly small pool.

Submit "Mile High" to Digg Submit "Mile High" to del.icio.us Submit "Mile High" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mile High" to Google

Updated April 27th, 2010 at 11:35 AM by Nancy H. (Verbs are your friend!)

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments