View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Crop circles on my back

Rate this Entry
by , April 27th, 2010 at 06:07 PM (58 Views)
In my continuing quest for lower back relief, I tried accupuncture yesterday. Too soon to pass a verdict, though my back did hold up well on my flight out east today. However, in addition to the needles, the accupuncturist did some 'firecupping' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_cupping); while this didn't hurt at the time and I'm not sure it has benefit, it did leave me with what I can only refer to as 'crop circles' on my back. It looks kind of freaky. Now, if I find my back holding up quite well over time, maybe I'll try this again. For now, the jury's still out.

I did a brief aerobic swim at Cactus this morning:

• 1 x 650: various kick/swim/drill
  • Main set
    • 4 x 75: on 1:05, swim
    • 2 x 150: on 2:05, swim
    • 4 x 75: on 1:30, kick
    • 4 x 125: on 1:45, swim
    • 4 x 75: on 1:10, stroke
    • 6 x 100: on 1:45, swim

• 1 x 50: easy

TOTAL: 3,000 SCY

Commentary:

• I felt real good on the first round of 75s, going fr-bk-fr on the 1st three and then cruising a very easy-feel 0:44 on the last one.
  • I figured I'd then descend the 150s, 125s and 100s, trying to start easy and get down to an easy-speed 0:58/0:59 per 100 pace. Something left my body, though, after the first round of 75s and I just felt sluggish. I went with the mood and cruised the rest.

Submit "Crop circles on my back" to Digg Submit "Crop circles on my back" to del.icio.us Submit "Crop circles on my back" to StumbleUpon Submit "Crop circles on my back" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I hope it helps! Very Hollywood of you!

I liked your workout yesterday as well.