View RSS Feed

TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!

IM Day

Rate this Entry
by , January 9th, 2009 at 01:45 PM (501 Views)
11:00 AM to Noon at the Downtown YMCA (SCM)

Warmup
200 free
200 IM kick with no board (I've been working on engaging my abs more on fly kick and today they burned on that portion of the kick set)
4x50 drill/swim in IM order on 1:00
4x25 build in IM order on :40

1x50 fl/bk sprint on 1:00
3x50 fl/bk sprint on 1:10
4x50 fr recovery on 1:20 - I made these with no problem, but I had problems with my relatively new swedish goggles leaking and stopped halfway through sprint #1. And I didn't really sprint any of them. I did the fl/bk intervals on ~:52-:53.

1x50 bk/br sprint on 1:00
3x50 bk/br sprint on 1:10
4x50 fr recovery on 1:20 - I was worked and didn't do an underwater cycle on any of these intervals and definitely didn't sprint the br!

1x50 br/fr sprint on 1:00
3x50 br/ft sprint on 1:10
4x50 fr recovery on 1:20 - I finally started to feel better and I would say that I left everything I had in the pool on these four sprints! I went ~:40s to :45s on them.

warmdown
6x50 free on 1:20 with Tennessee turns

2200 meters

Notes: Without making a ton of excuses, this was one of the worst practices I've had in a long time. I just felt off. Stayed up late, didn't eat a good breakfast, didn't drink enough this morning...blah, blah, blah! Oh well, I hope to make up for it tomorrow with a big IM/free pace workout!

Submit "IM Day" to Digg Submit "IM Day" to del.icio.us Submit "IM Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "IM Day" to Google

Updated January 9th, 2009 at 04:44 PM by Iwannafly (Add 'how I felt' information for posterity!)

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Everyone has an off day. Sometimes I think the practices where you feel the worst -- when you aren't firing on all cylinders and the times aren't so good but you're still in there giving it your best -- are the ones that benefit you the most.
    Thanks Chris. I don't know that I gave it my best, but I was still wiped after practice, so I must have worked hard!