View RSS Feed

FlyQueen

May 5, 2010

Rate this Entry
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Swam solo (again)

Meet warm-up
300 ish free (basically swim till it feels good and the jitters are reduced not more than a 500)
200 IM drill
300 more drill (mostly fly, some free)
4 x 50 kick (one bk, one fl, two free)
4 x 25 fast/25 ez (simulating starts)
100 ez

2 x200 free on 3:10 - bumping up the intervals a bit to get more rest. I was going to do 3 but my team jumped in and I was running out of lane space. PLUS I swam a lot faster than I wanted to (nice problem to have)
100 moderate
100 ez

100 fast broken at the 50 for :10
Not even talking about the crappiness that this was blech. Still don't have the sprint speed -

100 ez - then started chatting and after 10 minutes decided I was better off getting out instead of trying to get warm again before sprinting more.

Going back tomorrow ...

Stressed about the whole Walnut Creek situation. Kerry O'Brien () is just about the best masters coach out there - INCREDIBLE guy and coach. This program and his job MUST be saved.

I'm trying to go gluten free as I've been experiencing a lot of issues lately. Many similar to Fort's. Since bread is my favorite food, followed by spaghetti, garlic bread and chocolate chip cookies I do NOT look forward to this. HOWEVER, I'd like a normal life so ... giving it a whirl for the next few weeks to see if I see improvements. Going to detox at some point, too. Oh, won't that be fun.

Submit "May 5, 2010" to Digg Submit "May 5, 2010" to del.icio.us Submit "May 5, 2010" to StumbleUpon Submit "May 5, 2010" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well, the good news is that if bread & pasta are really your fav foods, you'll lose weight on a gluten free diet. Or feel frustrated and hungry often ...

Hey, forgot to mention. You might consider taking probiotics to get your digestive system functioning normally. Compare brands. I take Metagenics.
    I found one that's a pill form. It's been helping I think. Whole Foods also has awesome gluten free Brownies. There are decent granola? bars that I found, too. I got some gluten-free pasta also, not sure about that. I'll let you know when I try it.

I had major temptation this weekend in the form of ice cream cake and ice cream sandwhich cake ... turned them down - bummer.