View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Heading out tomorrow

Rate this Entry
I got in a little swim at noon today at Asphalt Green. I did about 1600 yards, with a tad of sprint FR and lots of drills. Then I did a few backstroke starts—Coach Craig pulled some major strings with the facility and got an actual touchpad in for us, so I really enjoyed starting on the sticky wall, and was happy to check off the last thing on my prep list before nats.

Tomorrow I leave for Atlanta. I’m flying in around noon, then driving down to southeast Alabama for a few days to visit my mom and aunt. I’ll drive back up on Thursday, hopefully in time to get in a quick swim in the competition pool. I’ll swim tomorrow morning before I go out to the airport--I'm planning on just doing my meet warmup, then a nice stretch. Wednesday will be an off day, since there is no place to swim in my hometown.

Good luck to everyone heading to nationals—travel safe, swim fast, and stop by and introduce yourself to me if I haven’t found you first! (I’ll be with the AGUA team—just ask for Janet. We got some team togs today, so the team should be recognizable.)

Submit "Heading out tomorrow" to Digg Submit "Heading out tomorrow" to del.icio.us Submit "Heading out tomorrow" to StumbleUpon Submit "Heading out tomorrow" to Google

Tags: taper
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck and have fun in Atlanta Janet!!!
    You sound positive and ready for some remarkable swims!
    I'll look forward to daily reports!
    Good luck!
    Thanks Bobinator and Tom! I'm looking forward to it!