View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, Jan. 13

Rate this Entry
by , January 13th, 2009 at 03:46 PM (1233 Views)
Chiro love:

Spent 35-40 minutes with my ART/chiro doc. He worked over my neck and shoulders (delts, lats, teres and infraspinatus). I need to get some more specific exercises for my pesky infraspinatus muscle. Really should re-watch my Buchberger video to remember all the different exercises and add some to the RC regimen.

I asked him why neck issues always seem to surface upon getting out of bed in the morning (at least for me). (See, Ande, I'm always ASKING. ) He said that typically the neck issues are related to something you did during the day, and that the neck muscles tighten over night. No idea what I did during the day to cause the neck issue -- I think it occurred after a day off. But it could also be due to restless sleeping.

Pool love:

Warm up:

400 swim
200 kick
200 fly drills
8 x 25 fly spin drill w/MF

Pre-set:

4 x 75 free @ 1:15

Speed set:
(with fins except breast)
(The 25 frees always make me the most tired. Wonder why? Less time under water?)

16 x 25 breast, alternate 25 AFAP, 25 EZ
16 x 25 back, alternate 25 AFAP, 25 EZ
16 x 25 free, alternate 25 AFAP, 25 EZ
8 x 25 fly, alternate 25 AFAP, 25 EZ
8 x 25 fly, alternate easy speed fly/EZ

100 C/D

Total: 2900

Speed feels a bit off. Probably because I haven't been doing as much AFAP work. After my meet, going to shift into more speed work.

My fly technique is better when I'm going easy speed. I think I am more apt to go into bouncy Stevenson fly mode when I sprint.

Going to take the next couple days fairly easy (around 2500 maybe) and not lift, as my meet is this weekend, not next weekend as I thought. Duh. Good thing Mini-Fort reminded me. Timing not the greatest (again -- I'm cursed. ).

Submit "Tuesday, Jan. 13" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Jan. 13" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Jan. 13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Jan. 13" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

this is good
    you asked
    You know what I think about neck issues, I think, but I'll repeat it nonetheless. I have no data on which to base this opinion, just personal experience: sleep position is a substantial factor in many musculoskeletal issues, particularly the neck. Standard pillows don't adequately protect us from kinking at the neck, which is very susceptible to static position. I think the same applies (but not as consistently) to the shoulder and the low back.
    I agree, Tom. I wish I could sleep on my back, but I seem unable to. I'm usually on my side or sometimes my stomach (the worst). I do have a tempurpedic pillow. I think those work best if you're a back sleeper though.

Neck is much better today ... only hurts a bit to turn it to the right. Hopefully, it will keep improving.
    Ande, not sure what you mean there, dude.

Edit: Never mind, I see it was a reference to me ASKING. lol. I am always pretty full of questions.