Thread: Lake Tahoe -- July 4-12

Participating Member

Question Lake Tahoe -- July 4-12

Hello -- my first post to this forum, so hopefully, I won't run afoul of the etiquette police.

I did a quick search on the board here, and I'm surprised that there aren't more posts about swimming in Lake Tahoe. My family and I will be in the area for a little over a week, and I have had a hard time locating any information on just going for a swim in the lake. Not looking for an event, per se, but maybe finding a group of folks who swim together -- for safety and for company.

My brother in law agreed to accompany me in a kayak for the mornings that I can brave the water temps (anyone know what the actual temp is in the lake these days? I found this link: http://remote.ucdavis.edu/tahoe_allsite_engresult.asp, and it seems to indicate that South Lake is around 65 degrees -- I find that hard to believe, though), and I have direct lake access via a private beach.

Anyone interested in a few 1-2 mile morning swims? PM me on this board...

Twosox

Re: Lake Tahoe -- July 4-12

I don't live in LT (though some days I wish I could! )

Last year I vacationed there and I finally got to swim in the Lake. It was the middle of August and it still COLD. The water is unbelievably clear and fresh and beautiful. And once you get used to it, the temp isn't that bad.

Hope you find some swim mates!

JIM
    If you understand, or if you don't
    If you believe, or if you doubt
    There's a universal justice
    And the Eyes of Truth
    Are always watching you.
    ENIGMA