Thread: Nov 7-8

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Nov 7-8

I am going to be in Seattle from the 7 to the 8 of November (was supposed to be 7-9, but they changed my return flight). What I was originally going for got canceled, but I can't get a refund on my ticket. I've never been to the West coast, so I figured I'd go anyway.

I know sometimes there are things going on that are not on the events calendar, so I was wondering if anyone knows of anything going on that weekend in the Seattle area--meets, clinics, places to work out.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Nov 7-8

it does'nt look like anything is in the calander, but there are tons of teams all over that you might be able to practice with, where will you be staying? Seattle? or different city? let me know and I will give you some info on who to contact, if I can track it down - Zac

also there is the federal way pool just south of seattle about 25 - 30 minutes which is a great facility, just let me know how far you want to go, and I will track down some numbers of who you can call - zac

Here is some info to get you started, contact them and they might be able to help you out a little more.

Green Lake swim team
    John Sylvester
    206-660-9563
    Jeanne Ensign
    206-324-1354

Federal Way Kings
    (253) 838-8408
    (253) 874-2153

Husky Masters Swimming!
    Based at the University of Washington in Seattle, we are a US Masters swim club affiliated with the Pacific Northwest Association of Masters Swimmers.
    Coaches: Tommy Hannan and Helen Rychecky
    Email Team: huskymasters@yahoogroups.com
    The team normally works out mon-fri, 5:40pm-7pm

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks a lot! I will be staying in Seattle, actually at the hotel right in the airport. I'm willing to make some calls and see what's going on, so any information you have would be great. I will definitely get in contact with that team as well.

Links to team websites within PNA are located at http://www.swimpna.org/where_to_swim.htm. Also a pdf file of workout times is located at http://www.swimpna.org/pdf/misc/PNA_Where_To_Swim.pdf. There are no meets scheduled on November 7or 8, but there is a possibility of a clinic (dates are TBD). If the clinic happens, it will be posted on the "What's New" section of www.swimpna.org.
    Hugh Moore

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks a lot, Hugh.

Megan Jendrick is hosting a swim clinic November 9, 9:30-11:30am in Tulwilla (very close). It is a two hour clinic focusing on breaststroke, $70.00.

swimcamps@gmail.com